What happens after death? | Teen Ink

What happens after death?

By Rippey_Avenger SILVER, Jefferson, Iowa
Rippey_Avenger SILVER, Jefferson, Iowa

"I fell in love the way you fall asleep, slowly then all at once."-- John Green The Fault in Our Stars

Really we can't say something happens after death, but we can't say nothing happens either. Really first we must prove that the human body actually has a soul, but we can't. So to say that it has something happen to it after death can't be proven, but that also means we can't prove nothing happens to it. In all reality, death is very complicated. I do not truly have an answer to your question but rather a theory. My theory really barely is a theory, as it may just be an opinion.

Really how could we say what happens after death, if we can't experience it. What I will say happens is our life force diminishes. So the body dies, but what is left after the body dies. I will not say we go to some other world, like a heaven. I think that once our life force leaves, we don't have control over what happens. Is there any conscienceless after death? Well, I would have to say no. Our brains get separated from our thoughts and our aforementioned soul. Now I have said that the soul may not exists, so now I will have to say in my theory that I am currently showing it does.

I have seen metaphors to express life and death, but here is mine that I created: our body is like a section of electric cord. It gets hooked up to electricity, and the electricity goes into it. The electricity is our soul, and our soul is in our body for a period of time. This period of time ends when the cord is hooked up to a load, or something to use the power. So the beginning is when we get plugged in, and the end is when the current flows through us, but that's not good enough for me. I need to know what happens after it hits the load. I can't explain what the load or component that uses the electricity is. So, we need a load, that load is lets say a family. So you live your life to pass it on to your family, but if that's it why do we exist at all? I think that we end at death, but our life has to do something.

A better question to ask is what is it that we do in our life that makes us exist. What is the point of our existence? Well, that changes for each person, but what about the people who have no major effect? Well, they have a small effect, maybe even on something big. So, we all have to work together to mold this world into what it needs to be. Why do we need this though? We need to do it so that the next people can do their job. So really we are all zombies just living to make it so that the next can follow in our steps and possibly have it easier.

So what I'm saying is that to question death you must first question all of the human existence, and to do that you must question what the planet, solar system, galaxy, universe, and everything exists for. So what happens after death is what we work for through our whole lives. Really death is one of the few parts of human nature that makes since, but what happens after it is something that we can not currently prove.

So if we want to know what happens after death, we must first know what life is. Life is the thing that puts everything into two categories: organic and non-organic. Those categories tell us that we are here to help other things that can't do everything on their own. So we are here to work on the bigger picture. If we have to perfect the big picture we are basically living to do one thing: create stuff, but I think we are here for 3 things: love, learn, and create.

To really understand what I mean with that you must first know what I mean by love: it's a friendship, not created by family but there to help us. Love is what you feel towards the one you will or have married, but love is also what you feel towards your kid, but not because you are related, but because you are always there for each other. Which brings me kinda back to create, and by create I mean 2 things: our children, and like stuff we make. So I didn't get brought back to learn, but I'm here anyways. So, we want to learn everything this comment, is just another quest for knowledge all of the internet is a quest for knowledge, all of our lives are. So we all just go through life looking for knowledge, we want to know everything, but we can't know everything. One of my theories is that maybe death is just us learning everything then we go to sleep so we can get the ultimate time to think about it all. Maybe we just take a nap at death. Maybe its different for us all. Some people may rest forever seeing the best parts of their lives, while others watch the greatest scientific discoveries happen. Maybe our life force jumps to another person. Maybe it is just nothing. We want to believe that there is something to strive for some heaven, maybe what we get is our own heaven. It could be that you get what you want from heaven. In one episode of American Dad, it represents this really good, by showing that each person has their own heaven, and it's exactly what they want. Stan's heaven is him reliving his life, from a few minutes before his biggest screw up. I think that that could be one explanation of what happens. My friend told me that what comes after death is just peacefulness, that we just go to sleep for eternity. I thought well that may sound fun for you but that would suck for me.

So that's what makes me think that we each get our own existence after death. For some people it may be nothing. Maybe if you were treated bad and depressed and killed yourself your after life would be just having somebody to talk to, or to be finally treated right. We are all different so how would we know whats happening after we are gone. When we die we will then know what happens after death, and I say we should wait for then to find our. I want to out live all of my family so they don't have to have the pain of losing me, so maybe my afterlife will just be seeing the people I love happy for all of time. Maybe when we die we learn everything we want to know all of those grand secrets hid in the Universe and in our lives. Lets just wait and see. Maybe it's a surprise party, thrown by those who have already passed. Maybe when we die we get everything we have ever wished for, we dance with the prom queen, and we are all superstars. Maybe just maybe when we die we get joy, but it's more likely we don't.

This is something I wrote to answer the question on a forum, and I think it seems like a good theory. It is something I wrote as a Nerdfighter, and I am very proud of it.