Same Love

60% of teens who commit suicide consider themselves homosexual. That is a sad number. Teen suicide has become a huge problem in the nation. Kids are constantly being picked on for being different, and kids who are homosexual get the most abuse. I've been going to church for almost four years now, and I love it. Church has saved my life. I was a teen on the verge of committing suicide, and I met my youth leaders. They helped me face my demons, and I am a happier person for that. I am a proud Christian. Its hard to see anyone in the position where they feel as though killing themselves is the only way out. Most of you are wondering why is this girl babbling on about how she's a Christian and about homosexuals. Trust me, I have a point.
The one thing I have realized is how much Christians hate homosexuals. I think that is totally against God itself right there. It says it in the bible that Christians should love everyone. Yes, it also says being Gay in the bible is wrong, but homosexuals are also God's kids. What gives Christians the right to judge? I learned in church that you should never judge a sinner for sinning. That itself is a sin. If more Christian spent more time trying to understand homosexuals, maybe more homosexuals will be more open to what they have to say. Who wants to listen to someone who is constantly judging you? I know I wouldn't.
God never wants his children to hate each other. He wants you to love each other and try to help each other when needed. Let's say you were picking on a gay person, and that person goes home and kills themself that night, you might as well have gave him those pills or put that gun up to his head. It makes me upset to hear that someone killed themself. That person could've been saved. God doesn't want any of his children to commit suicide, and I'm sure he pins it on you if you were picking on this kid. What do you think is more important to God, saving this kid before he commits suicide or him being Gay?

throughhim21This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 16 at 2:59 pm
Hey! I completely agree! Infact, I wrote something on the same topic. Would you mind rating or commenting? TeenInk.com/opinion/spirituality_religion/article/651654/Follower/  If you liked this article, you might want to read mine too. Great job! 5 stars!  

KandiceMichelle replied...
May 17 at 2:08 pm
Thanks for the comment :) I'll go check that out now :D

KandiceMichelle said...
May 13 at 9:54 am
Ohhhhh I like that so much better :DD Thanks for your imput :DD

sillybunnyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 13 at 9:52 am
Hey I  love this it was very true and sad when you think of it but personally in the begenning when you said "That is a sad number"                     I would have personally said "This is a vary disturbing amount"

Kamana said...
Aug. 31, 2013 at 12:02 am
I wish more people would understand this about the Christian faith. I also don't support gay/bisexual but I do not treat them any differently or bash them because of it. I try to love everyone just as God loves us.

AtroposThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
First of all, this is well-written. Secondly, I love this! I wish everyone would sit down and read this article because what you have to say needs to be heard. The loudest voices in this world never seem to be the loving, tolerant voices, and yours is decidedly - and refreshingly - both loving and tolerant, as well as being eloquent. Well done, five stars!