What's Your Destiny? | Teen Ink

What's Your Destiny?

By CassieJ BRONZE, Anderson, South Carolina
CassieJ BRONZE, Anderson, South Carolina

Salvation is the act of protecting from harm, loss, risk, or destruction, and also promises eternal life. The world is full of lost and dying people. Many of them haven’t been saved and will end up in hell. There are so many excuses people make about their salvation; it just doesn’t make sense. They don’t realize that Christ was crucified for them. Therefore, I believe that everyone should accept Jesus as their personal savior.

The first reason you should be saved is because once you’re saved you’re always going to be saved. Billy Graham says, “Christ promise of forgiveness is real,” (Graham). This is also mentioned in the bible. 1 John 5:13 says, “I write these things to you who believe in the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life,” (New International Version). How could you deny something that Christ himself has written? 2 Corinthians 5:17 says, “Therefore if anyone is in Christ he is a new creation. The old has gone, and the new has come,” (NIV).

Secondly if you are not saved and are not promised eternal life, then you will be thrown in Hell. “People who don’t believe in Christ always end in despair,” says Billy Graham (Graham). Revelations 20:15 says, “If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown in the lake of fire,” (NIV). Hell is not just everlasting fire; you will be haunted of your past with the devil and his demons standing guard (Mitchell). Luke 16: 23, 24, and 25 says, “In hell where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away with Lazarus by his side. So he called to him, 'Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire,' But Abraham replied, 'Son, remember that in your lifetime you received good things and Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony,” (NIV). While the unsaved are being tortured in Hell, the saved and righteous will live a painless and easy life with their lord and savior in Heaven.

The last and most important reason is Christ’s love for us. Gods love is steady and unchanging (Graham). 1 Peter 3:18 says, “For Christ died for our sins once for all the righteous an unrighteous to bring you to God,” (NIV). Psalms 31:3 says, “I have loved you with an everlasting love, I have drawn you with kindness,” (NIV). He was beaten, spat upon, cursed at, hung upon a cross, he was betrayed, had nails through his hands and feet, and wore a crown of thorns just to save the world from the depths of hell. How could you ignore him, when he was tortured for the sins he never even committed?

Turning your back on God and not accepting salvation is the greatest sin you could ever commit. Once you die you’re either in heaven in hell, and it cannot be taken back. We are not promised a death bed experience or even our next breath, so it’s up to you to make your decision now (Sellers).