My Worst Fear

I am in high school. I'm not the prettiest girl you'll see in a room. I love life and studies. And I eat like a normal person. I'm not too concerned about my weight, just a little conscious.
On a vacation with my parents, I was unwinding in the hotel room when my gaze fell upon the weighing machine across the room. A question materialised in my mind-
What is your worst fear?
And the hilarious, sarcastic part of me answered-
A weighing machine.
After a while of silent reflection, a better answer manifested itself in my mind-
Letting ego suppress my true character and let circumstances change my soul.
Change is inevitable. But we need to hold on to who we truly are. We must not let our environment change our nature. Our nature is known to only one person.Us. So no matter how changeable we make our souls, our hearts, our natures, it will not affect anyone in the world but us.
Ego is a devil. It makes us take wrong decisions, make mistakes and be deceitful to our conscience. If we let ego take our decisions rather than our conscience then we are doomed to failure in our daily ventures of life.
Hence, as I concluded my reflections I realised that we must listen to our conscience and fear doing something against it rather than fearing something as superficial as our weight.