You are in America, speak the right language

By , Antioch, CA
As of right now, there are six official languages of the United States. They are English, Spanish, French, Madarin(Chinese), German, and Arabic. Some say that the U.S. should have only one language, which is English, while others seem to not care.
Our constitution calls for a freedom of speech. America is supposed to be a free country that supports multiculturalism, and as you can see, we are a very diverse country. Diversity is an amazing thing because it brings in different skills, opinions and point of views.
As you may know, America’s first citizens did not speak English. America has been colonized numerous of times, so it makes sense why we should have more than one language.
We were founded by immigrants and even settled by immigrants. We are a nation built by immigrants! So having an official language just would not make sense.
Let’s not forget about English being a foreign language, however if we really did need a official language, well, I think a new language would need to be invented.
Knowing more than one language also comes in handy, because a lot of business is conducted outside of the U.S. Also jobs pay more to bilingual employees.
Making English our national language does not serve a purpose. I don’t understand how having multiple languages is affecting people who are opposed to it, but I do know that America has survived so many years without an official language, and as of right now I think we are doing great.

Mtizzle said...
I agree but why is this in spirituality/religion?