Do not be afraid, I am with you | Teen Ink

Do not be afraid, I am with you

By YwhsGurl SILVER, Norfolk, Virginia
YwhsGurl SILVER, Norfolk, Virginia

"A kind heart is a fountain of gladness, making everything in its vicinity freshen into smiles."
- Washington Irving

What would you say a miracle is? Walking on water, feeding five thousand people with only 5 loaves of bread and 2 fish and having 12 baskets left over, or rising from the dead? My miracles are watching the sunrise every morning on my bus ride to school. Mine are watching the waves crash on the beach or seeing a baby take their first steps. My miracles are finding the sheet of paper I need to turn in for a school application after praying that I could find it, and watching my brother and sister grow and mature. My miracles are watching hundreds of people raise their hands in worship and praise to the Lord and seeing them all bow their heads to thank Him.
Everywhere I go I see miracles; I see evidence of God’s presence. God is everywhere. In nature, in people, you can find Him anywhere if you just look hard enough. He is there. In good times and in bad He’s with you. Pick up your Bible and read and you can feel Him by your side. Pray and you know He’s there.
God is your Father and you are his beloved child. Before you were born He knew you and He knew the life he planned for you (Jeremiah 1:5). Go to Him in your times of need and trouble and He will be there ready to listen. Pour your heart out to Him and He will embrace you and comfort you. My favorite Sunday song-“Do not be afraid, I am with you. I have called you each by name. Come and follow Me, I will bring you home. I love you and you are Mine.” Take heart and know that He is here for you. He will walk with you always, and He will show you the miracles in life.