Labels Shouldn't Matter.

I am a 13 year old girl who believes in peace and love. No, I'm not a hippie. I myself am agnostic. Agnosticism is the belief that "God" is unknown, or that human knowledge is limited to experience. A.K.A- Maybe there is a God, but how would anyone know that? It's impossible to know that there is. I don't believe in miracles, but I do believe thing happen for a reason. I don't believe in the whole "Forgive and Forget" thing, because I'll forgive someone, but I'll never forget it. I don't believe in the "Noah's Ark" story, because "God" doesn't play favorites, right?
The entire Bible is a total contradiction. I can point out so many things that are so incredibly illogical that I just wanna slap every "Christian" I meet. Saying you're a Christian, because you believe in God is like saying I'm Rachel Ray, because I can boil water. It's just stupid! Pure idiocy! All of it! I bet none of them ever stopped to actually try to interpret the Bible. A few mistakes are: 1) Adam and Eve. In the Bible it says incest is a sin. Adam and Eve only had 3 sons. Who did they impregnate to make more children. The only women there; Eve. That's incest! 2) Jesus died on the cross for your sins. What was the point if God was gonna forgive them anyways? He basically murdered his son, to then change his mind. 3) God killed his son, which is the 6th Commandment in the Bible. "Thou shall not kill." 4) "All are created equal." That's a lie. The Bible was clearly written from a man's point of view. In the Bible it translates to 'Men work, while women take care of the home and children." You're not equal if you don't think the same, look the same, and have the same things. No one is, nor will ever be "equal."
My point is, why label yourself by what you believe in? Why label your self "Popular" because you're a cheerleader, or a football star? Be yourself and forget about others.
They say you can't love someone else, unless you love yourself first. Therefore, my point is love who you are and care for your mind, not your looks. Labels shouldn't matter.

SecretNonConformist said...
Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:46 pm:
Want to hear something funny? I first realized I was agnostic at your age, 13. I too, believe in peace, love, and the human spirt. I think you are very brave to put your opinions out here like this. I still (at 17) am not comfortable telling people I'm agnostic. So bravo to you! Keep up being brave and expressing your opinions:)

mirandablack16 replied...
Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:10 pm :
Thanks! (: And honestly....most of my friends have very different religious views and when I converted to agnosticism, they didn't take it too well. But you can take me as I am or watch meas I go..because I'm not gonna change anything about me for someone else. Besides...everyone tries to be unique. Being different, religiously, is definitely as easy way to be considered unique. (:

redeemed_love said...
I appreciate how you voice your opinions, even if they are a big exaggerated at times. It happens to the best of us. There are so many things I could say, but I'll start with your comments on the Bible. I can't say I know everything, because I don't. I /can/ say that, at first glance, the Bible does seem like a contradiction. That's because you're not reading the entire thing. Also, incest wasn't considered /wrong/ until God gave all those commandments and "rules of conduct" to the Israelites. (... (more »)

mirandablack16 replied...
Jan. 28, 2012 at 9:47 pm :
I get what you're saying about religion. And yes, I HAVE read the Bible. Multiple times actually, because I wanted to understand what people think about the different ethnic religions and "Christianity." I wrote this specifically for those who push religion on those who don't have the same religion. It angers me that "Christians" are allowed to wear apparel, have websites, etc..etc about their religion, but if someone who's religion is a minority (Atheism for example), they get discriminated aga... (more »)

redeemed_love replied...
Jan. 30, 2012 at 6:22 pm :
Mhm, I agree with most of what you said. It breaks my heart to see Christians put other people down because of their religion, when, really, they were in the same boat not too long ago. A Christian is really blessed to be in the US. Most of us don't even realize how lucky we really are, because we aren't discriminated (as much), persecuted or even looked down on (as much) as it would be in another country. I think a lot of us have forgotten that and believe we're "da bomb" and nothing else matt... (more »)

mirandablack16 replied...
Feb. 3, 2012 at 3:49 pm :
Thanks. (: I appreciate your comments!