POV Contest Entry | Teen Ink

POV Contest Entry

January 5, 2012
By Lexybabyface GOLD, North East, Pennsylvania
Lexybabyface GOLD, North East, Pennsylvania
10 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
“He’s not perfect. You aren’t either, and the two of you will never be perfect. But if he can make you laugh at least once, causes you to think twice, and if he admits to being human and making mistakes, hold onto him and give him the most you can."


Our point of view is a gift and is often overlooked upon when thinking of certain subjects. My point of view with religion is very critical because to me, it just doesn’t add up. This may be just me but why does God let there be a Hell and why does He allow there to be suffering on this Earth? Religion –mostly Christian- is based on someone that has always been there but when you think about it, how is something made out of nothing? How can nothing be made out of anything when it’s nothing? It just doesn’t make sense.
Earth was supposedly something God just told to be there and it obeyed but it is very unlikely that something so powerful could exist. Man was made of dirt, women made of the man’s rib, and animals were supposedly made in a similar way but what I don’t get is if man was made of dirt, then how is it possible that there are several billion people on this earth and so much dirt? Also, how can a human be made of dirt when a child is conceived in the womb and comes out 10 months later? How can God create two grown humans in one day? That is not possible. There’s no wonder there’s this illuminati stuff circulating the globe, because this God has us believing there is an antichrist coming back to Earth to take away all of the people who don’t follow ten of God’s rules and/or don’t ask for forgiveness for disobeying these laws. This concept makes no sense.


The author's comments:
This is something that i constantly question. Mostly on a daily basis.I do believe in a greater power that judges us on our indecentsies but it can not be something that is of what the Bible has persued it to be.