POV Contest Entry | Teen Ink

POV Contest Entry

By Lexybabyface GOLD, North East, Pennsylvania
Lexybabyface GOLD, North East, Pennsylvania

“He’s not perfect. You aren’t either, and the two of you will never be perfect. But if he can make you laugh at least once, causes you to think twice, and if he admits to being human and making mistakes, hold onto him and give him the most you can."

Our point of view is a gift and is often overlooked upon when thinking of certain subjects. My point of view with religion is very critical because to me, it just doesn’t add up. This may be just me but why does God let there be a Hell and why does He allow there to be suffering on this Earth? Religion –mostly Christian- is based on someone that has always been there but when you think about it, how is something made out of nothing? How can nothing be made out of anything when it’s nothing? It just doesn’t make sense.
Earth was supposedly something God just told to be there and it obeyed but it is very unlikely that something so powerful could exist. Man was made of dirt, women made of the man’s rib, and animals were supposedly made in a similar way but what I don’t get is if man was made of dirt, then how is it possible that there are several billion people on this earth and so much dirt? Also, how can a human be made of dirt when a child is conceived in the womb and comes out 10 months later? How can God create two grown humans in one day? That is not possible. There’s no wonder there’s this illuminati stuff circulating the globe, because this God has us believing there is an antichrist coming back to Earth to take away all of the people who don’t follow ten of God’s rules and/or don’t ask for forgiveness for disobeying these laws. This concept makes no sense.

This is something that i constantly question. Mostly on a daily basis.I do believe in a greater power that judges us on our indecentsies but it can not be something that is of what the Bible has persued it to be.

on Jan. 30 2012 at 12:32 am
Destinee BRONZE, Oakville, Other

Blegh. - Abraham Lincoln

I'm not Christian, but I'll take a shot at this. :)

In the English language, a word may refer to several things. "Man" is one of those words. Sometimes, man means man, as in, an actual male. Other times, it means both men and women. Other times, it means all of humanity. And other times, it is just referring to a person's origins, or his/her forefather(s). So for the dirt thing, "man" is made out of dirt because originally we come from dust/dirt, i.e. we are products of the Earth's soil + other stuff. A similar example: An apple is made out of a seed, atoms, and a zygote, right? Similarly, we are made out of nothing, and soil, and a soul, and a body, etc.

Only God can make out of nothing. And you're right, it would take something to create from nothing, right? Hence: God.

If you would do me the honour of visiting this thread, I tried to answer the H.ell question. Feel free to reply! And please remove the space in the URL. :) teenink.c om/forums?act=post&topic_id=19&thread_id=58888

Um..I'm not sure what you mean about the Antichrist thing. Mind elaborating? Peace.

on Jan. 18 2012 at 11:13 am

You see, you are only going by what you believe is true and/or what the Bible has told you is true. A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right.

DirectingGabs GOLD, Texas, Texas

\"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.\"

First, it's called faith. The concept of believing without seeing. And God IS there. Although you don't see Him pyhsically. He is EVERYWHERE. God is SO powerful that He can tell something to happen- Earth as example- and it happens. We aren't meant to fathom such power. We aren't made to comprehend something so immense and greater than us. God said Adam was made of dirt. Just Adam, not every man who ever walked this world. He didn't HAVE to make Adam out of dirt he couldn've snapped his fingers and Adam and Eve appeared. When Eve was made of Adam's ribs God was showin a symbol. Like, female and male are one. Not two different species. And about the anti christ stuff. It's not about disobeying Ten of God's laws. The Ten Commandments. That was in the old days before Jesus. It is NOT possible to never break the Ten Commandments in our lifetimes. I am a Christian and have broke them numerous of times. We are born into sin. Adam- a man made ECSPECIALLY of God- sinned. It's just are nature. The way to go to heaven though is bby belive Jesus came and died on the cross for you. And this concept make complete sense. you just have to study and understand.