POV Contest Entry

Our point of view is a gift and is often overlooked upon when thinking of certain subjects. My point of view with religion is very critical because to me, it just doesn’t add up. This may be just me but why does God let there be a Hell and why does He allow there to be suffering on this Earth? Religion –mostly Christian- is based on someone that has always been there but when you think about it, how is something made out of nothing? How can nothing be made out of anything when it’s nothing? It just doesn’t make sense.
Earth was supposedly something God just told to be there and it obeyed but it is very unlikely that something so powerful could exist. Man was made of dirt, women made of the man’s rib, and animals were supposedly made in a similar way but what I don’t get is if man was made of dirt, then how is it possible that there are several billion people on this earth and so much dirt? Also, how can a human be made of dirt when a child is conceived in the womb and comes out 10 months later? How can God create two grown humans in one day? That is not possible. There’s no wonder there’s this illuminati stuff circulating the globe, because this God has us believing there is an antichrist coming back to Earth to take away all of the people who don’t follow ten of God’s rules and/or don’t ask for forgiveness for disobeying these laws. This concept makes no sense.

Destinee This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 30, 2012 at 12:32 am
I'm not Christian, but I'll take a shot at this. :)

In the English language, a word may refer to several things. "Man" is one of those words. Sometimes, man means man, as in, an actual male. Other times, it means both men and women. Other times, it means all of humanity. And other times, it is just referring to a person's origins, or his/her forefather(s). So for the dirt thing, "man" is made out of dirt because originally we come from dust/dirt, i.e. we are products of the Earth's s... (more »)

DirectingGabs said...
First, it's called faith. The concept of believing without seeing. And God IS there. Although you don't see Him pyhsically. He is EVERYWHERE. God is SO powerful that He can tell something to happen- Earth as example- and it happens. We aren't meant to fathom such power. We aren't made to comprehend something so immense and greater than us. God said Adam was made of dirt. Just Adam, not every man who ever walked this world. He didn't HAVE to make Adam out of dirt he couldn've snapped his fingers... (more »)

Lexybabyface replied...
Jan. 18, 2012 at 11:13 am
You see, you are only going by what you believe is true and/or what the Bible has told you is true. A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right.