Lukewarm Christians

Jesus loves you. Jesus died for you. You are forgiven. We have all heard these words a million times if we have grown up in the church. However, do they mean anything to us anymore? Have we forgotten the magnitude of God’s mercy? For those who have never heard or accepted the message of Jesus, I pray that you come to know Him in a personal way. And for those of us who claim to be Christians, are we choosing to live our lives in light of God’s forgiveness, or do we look at Christianity as simply a ticket into heaven? So many Christian teens leave the church as soon as they enter college because they never understood the joy and freedom of a relationship with Jesus. Jesus forgives our every sin and also wants to be our best friend, so doesn’t He deserve our full devotion? Jesus calls us to be on fire for Him. That connotes passion, energy, and actions that glorify Him, not a half-hearted, lukewarm claim that we are Christians. In fact, Jesus tells us in the Bible that it is better to be cold-hearted than lukewarm. In other words, Jesus either wants our whole hearts or none of it. This is not meant to be a harsh message because God loves us more than we can imagine! That is why He died a gruesome death for our sin and then defeated death for us! If your dad died for you, would you not want to live the rest of your life in honor of him? Jesus deserves the same! Will you choose to give Him every inch of your being and love him with your whole heart, mind, soul, and strength because He loved you more?

contemplatorThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
My church and youth group just talked about this. God said that he vomits out luke-warm christians. I think that most teens today don't even beleive there is a God. They say things like "Oh, sure. I think there is a God but, were so small compared to everythig else that he doesn't even care" or something simalar. I just wish they could see.

HisPurePrincess This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I'm so happy for you!  I had a transformation about three years ago where I realized the difference between saying and feeling something in your heart.  I'm still lukewarm a lot these days, but God is faithful and loving and merciful and he will always be my God, although I kick him out of the driver's seat so much.  I'm so thankful he is forgiving because I need that forgiveness!