Lukewarm Christians | Teen Ink

Lukewarm Christians

May 22, 2011
By cheergirl1 BRONZE, Denton, Texas
cheergirl1 BRONZE, Denton, Texas
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Isaiah 40:31 "Those who wait on the Lord will renew their strength. They will mount up with wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not be faint."


Jesus loves you. Jesus died for you. You are forgiven. We have all heard these words a million times if we have grown up in the church. However, do they mean anything to us anymore? Have we forgotten the magnitude of God’s mercy? For those who have never heard or accepted the message of Jesus, I pray that you come to know Him in a personal way. And for those of us who claim to be Christians, are we choosing to live our lives in light of God’s forgiveness, or do we look at Christianity as simply a ticket into heaven? So many Christian teens leave the church as soon as they enter college because they never understood the joy and freedom of a relationship with Jesus. Jesus forgives our every sin and also wants to be our best friend, so doesn’t He deserve our full devotion? Jesus calls us to be on fire for Him. That connotes passion, energy, and actions that glorify Him, not a half-hearted, lukewarm claim that we are Christians. In fact, Jesus tells us in the Bible that it is better to be cold-hearted than lukewarm. In other words, Jesus either wants our whole hearts or none of it. This is not meant to be a harsh message because God loves us more than we can imagine! That is why He died a gruesome death for our sin and then defeated death for us! If your dad died for you, would you not want to live the rest of your life in honor of him? Jesus deserves the same! Will you choose to give Him every inch of your being and love him with your whole heart, mind, soul, and strength because He loved you more?

The author's comments:
I used to be a lukewarm Christian, seeing my salvation as a ticket to heaven. However, Jesus changed my life this year, and He has given me a passion for telling others the hope He can bring when we give our whole lives to Him!