Clueless | Teen Ink

Clueless

By R.A.K BRONZE, Seattle, Washington
R.A.K BRONZE, Seattle, Washington

A lot of the people I have met are clueless to what Islam truly is, for what they’ve heard comes from the media or ill-informed so called Muslims who confuse them with their lack of true knowledge. To make one thing clear; a Muslim believes that ‘no one and nothing deserves to be worshipped except Allah and Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) is his Prophet and Messenger.’ If an individual believes the meaning of this statement without believing anything else that contradicts it is Muslim. There are people who think that “Allah” is another God but Allah is the name of God in Arabic. There are many people who believe in this statement but remain ignorant about many other teachings in Islam. The media focuses on “Islamic Terrorists”, “Al-Qaida”, and the “Taliban”, however these terrorists are not true pious Muslims. They are very ignorant; they recruit poor individuals promising money, food, and protection for their family if they join their “terrorist group”. Nowhere in the Quran does it state that those who kill, or bomb, innocent people will be rewarded and will go heaven. These people forget to acknowledge the teachings of our Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and that Suicide is one of the biggest sins an individual can commit. As much as I blame the media, I also blame the people who listen to them and don’t bother finding out the truth, and those who don’t bother defending Islam. There are many non-Muslim extremists but no-one seems to criticize their nationality or religion based on their actions. Hitler claimed to be Roman Catholic, The Ku Klux Klan claimed to be Christians, then there are those people who bomb abortion clinics; all these people are terrorists. Yet no matter how much they influence history somehow Muslims remain as the top definition of terrorism.
What I realized is that most people who hate Muslims have either never met a true Religious Sunni Muslim or are simply very close minded. Islam is like a Jewel which has a value that one treasures and cares for daily. It is not something cheap and it may not be compromised. Islam is a way of life, it teaches us good manners, it teaches us to respect our elders and be patient and gentle with the young, it teaches us to respect ourselves and not use what God gave us in an inappropriate way. These are few examples of what we learn and none of them include violence and evil. I, for one, am 100% proud to be an Arab. I am not an Alien. I was born in America and I lived here most of my life. I shop, go to the movies, I study, I occasionally eat fast food (not a fan), and I work. The only thing that divides me from the other people is what I believe in and the limits I set for myself.

R.A.K BRONZE said...
R.A.K BRONZE, Seattle, Washington

The basic meaning is that if there is war going on, the Muslim man has to fight to protect the women,children,and elders, without hurting the women,children,and elders of the enemy.and if they die during the war they go to Heaven. Suicide is one of the biggest sins in Islam, so the people who DO commit suicide bombings and believe that they will go to heaven are dillusional and extremely ignorant.Also, if a Muslim is traveling, going towards or to, a place to learn Islam and dies on the way they go to Heaven.A

Also, if a non-Muslim says to a Muslim to commit blasphemy or the non-Muslim will kill the Muslim, and the Muslim does not give in and dies, then the Muslim goes to heaven.

R.A.K BRONZE said...
R.A.K BRONZE, Seattle, Washington
When there is a war going on and there are Muslims in danger, the Muslim man who fights back to protect his land, the children and women, and die fighting will go to heaven. Also, the Muslims who die BECAUSE they are Muslim go to heaven. (example: if someone threatened to kill a Muslim if he doesn't commit Blasphemy, but the Muslim didn't and dies, he will go to heaven. Also, if a Muslim is traveling to learn Islam (traveling/driving/walking/ heading to go somewhere to learn Islam) and die on the way there, they go to heaven.

furrydog said...
Its the same in christianity... almost. Anyone who is prosecuted for being a christian, and dies because he is a christian, his reward is great in heaven.

Thesilentraven PLATINUM, Mableton, Georgia

"il piu nell' uno," (according to Emerson, an Italian expression for beauty)

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" ~Emily Dickinson

"The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain"
~Kahlil Gibran

Well said, Destinee. You're looking at the heart of the text. :)

Destinee BRONZE, Oakville, Other

Blegh. - Abraham Lincoln

'God's cause' means fighting tyranny and oppression. I think that such people are heroes, who sacrifice their lives for the sake of the well-being of their fellow human beings. :)

~Kahlil Gibran

If one was to inspect the Bible closely, Contemplater, one would find things a lot more extreme and startling to the unwary reader. That is why religious texts are too complex to be taken literally.

~Kahlil Gibran

That was quite an enlightening account of your opinion of the Islamic faith. I'm glad that you wrote this; it's so sad how American society criticizes all of Islam for the doings of a small group of extremists! Peace be with you.

Contemplator SILVER, Lake Park, Minnesota

There is a rainbow in your mouth! Open it up and show the world.
This is just like ice cream without the cream.
I'm as stiff as a dried out twig in the middle of winter.
Who lit the forest fire; the match, or the man holding the match?

But do not think of those that have been slain in G.od’s cause as dead. Nay, they are alive! With their sustainer have they their sustenance. They are very happy with the reward they received from A.llah [for d.ying as a s.hahid] and they rejoice for the sake of those who have not joined them [i.e., have not yet d.ied for A.llah]” (K.oran 3:169-70).

please explain.

R.A.K BRONZE said...
R.A.K BRONZE, Seattle, Washington

I wrote this article to submit it to the local newspaper in my area. I know there are a few mistakes since this was only my first draft.If you have any questions feel free to ask!

-R