Grace | Teen Ink

Grace

March 29, 2011
By yuuki BRONZE, Ocala, Florida
yuuki BRONZE, Ocala, Florida
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person." -Audrey Hepburn


Coarse brown cloth brushes against my skin as I grab hold of a gray earthenware mug. Young and high a child’s voice reaches my hearing and inquires as to what Grace is. I set my mug on a smooth wooden table and gather all the little children around myself, some on the lap of my white robe, and some sitting beside me. I gently explain to them that although grace is not something tangible, meaning you cannot touch it; divine grace will be invented by my death. The shocked expressions are only to be expected, but one recovers and asks what divine grace is. Divine grace is a gift from God to the world created by my death, it through righteousness brings eternal life through me, and it is the undeserved love and salvation God has invented through me.

Similarly, just as the first, the children recover and want to know how divine grace is a gift from God to the world created by my death. I explain how divine grace had to be created because of the sin in this world. I am going to create divine grace by taking your place for the death penalty and judgment of sin. For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith, not through yourselves. This divine grace has been invented for you because of my great love for you.

Eagerly, a crowd has now gathered and waits for more news on how divine grace allows you through righteousness to gain eternal life through me. I begin to explain that even though all have fallen short of the glory of God and sinned we can still be saved. By having righteousness through faith in me you can gain eternal life because of divine grace. You are justified freely by my grace through the redemption that will come from my death.

Meanwhile, as I am speaking, some of the young and old in the crowd start crying with the knowledge of salvation through me. I continue on with the fact that you can receive divine grace, which is undeserved love and salvation from God, through me. I have invented divine grace and in my great mercy and love have bestowed it upon you sinners so everyone who choses might have eternal life. Although you are an undeserving people, through my life, death, and resurrection you will receive salvation. My dear children, I have come to save you, and to do so I have invented this divine grace.

As a conclusion, since you have all gathered here to listen I will give a prayer that your hearts will not be hardened. Everyone in the crowd steps back as I step on the rough wooden floor of the house I am occupying. Grace itself is not something invented; but the divine grace from God is invented through me. I pray that you will accept this divine grace that has been invented through me for the world.