2012 (against) | Teen Ink

2012 (against)

2012, A movie, full of action and defeat. A date known as the day the world

will end, but will it come true? Is the 21st of December the day life as we know it

will be gone? If you ask me I would say No! I only say this because, of my strong

relationship with the Lord, and my religious background. I believe only one

person knows when the world will end and that person is God. A few more reasons

why I believe this is because, one, I don’t think that anyone can tell the future, and

two, Jesus says that no one will know when the world will end in the bible.

Now on my behalf I don’t believe that the world will end on that day, for a

few reasons. One, I believe that no one can tell the future. The people who do tell the future haven’t been all right, and personally I think its crazy. A few dates that people thought something was going to happen are; Doomsday 1914 and then in 1999 almost 2000. People thought that everything was going to stop working, as in the computers and everything. They all thought this because in the computers the dates only went up to 1999 and nothing past that. People stalked up on food and supplies. Now to me this sounds a little bit like something that’s going on right now, only its with the calendar not a computer. So I ask you again, will the world

really end? Or is it just another false date?
Two, Jesus says in a book in the Bible, Matthew, Chapter 24, Verses 35-36 “ Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away.” verse 26 “But of that say and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only. And there are many other places in the Bible that also back up this idea, or concept.

Now I have done some research to see what some other people say about this topic, There is an eleven year old girl and this is what she said, “…..So I am freakin’ scared about this, one year after I was born, they said it was the end!…2000 and did it end? No!……” -Ilovejesus<3, and she goes on telling us about how she doesn’t think it will because it didn’t before. Another man who is not against the world ending said, “I believe that the Myans, incas and the jews scholars, Nostrdamus and many scientist can’t be all wrong…..” -Les. And although these are both good points I still don’t think anyone really knows.

There has been movies, it has been on the news and all over the web. I’m
sure as the days pass and the date gets closer that there will be more and more
news and people talking about it on Twitter or Facebook. All of which is mostly basted on the Mayan’s calendar. But how do we know if it really is true. Will more people come to the conclusion that the Bible is right and no one knows when the

world will end, or will it remain the same with all these people freaking out, not knowing what to do.

on Apr. 9 2011 at 10:39 am
Chacharoo BRONZE, Fort Worth, Texas

"I love you."

I do believe I found a person who sees eye-to-eye exactly what I see concerning this subject. Yes, God only knows, and yes yes yes to this article.