No judgement just no understanding

By EmilyBuz13 BRONZE, Horton, Michigan
EmilyBuz13 BRONZE, Horton, Michigan

Know what's wrong but look at whats right or you may lose sight of what realy matters in life ~Em[ily]

I am an athiest. Well I guess some would call me half. I am looked down on, avoided, told I am wrong, and I have even lost good friends all over just this one belief. I see life a bit differently then others I guess. I have seen and went through things most couldn't even imagine. When I was younger I prayed every night, wished on every shooting star hoping just one would come true. Nothing happend, nothing got any better, no one came or gave me any guidence. Then I realized that my lifes course is all up to me. Not some greater god, or some magicle being, no just me. Some believen a religion to explain the big questions in life but in truth some things are better off unanswered. Some to have a reason to keep going in life but in the end thier still left lost. Now I am not saying that it isn't possible for a greater being to exsist, I am just saying that if there is he/she does not care for what happens to humans. Where is this great savior while starvation and disease takes over africa? Has this god saved the poor children in Iraq? How about the millions stuck in demestic violence in America and every other country? Everyone has problems even though some may have it harder, you can pray to a god and it may make you feel better at the moment but in the long run what happens? Now I only truely understand the religion of Christianity but I'm sure other religions have flaws. If this god was so forgiving then why punish a whole race just for two peoples mistake? Yes Adam and Eve ate the bad fruit but that doesnt meen punish all of us, does this seem as a forgiving act? How could this so loving god watch as so many innocent suffer? Most people give the arguement of no physical evidence but I am willing to believe with no real hard proof, but how can I with so many unseen things have shown it wrong? I am often known for hiding this believe because I live in such a religouse little town only close friends and a few select people of my family have me myself have told. Many others have found out by word of mouth and this is my first posting or any proof of my thoughts and beliefs. I am more than open to arguements to defend religion but I have not yet found one that I can't prove wrong with no thought at all. Other people can believe what they wish, I dont judge but I dont understand.

I'v always been one to challenge but this one thing I would actually like to see a legit arguement.

on Aug. 10 2011 at 2:10 pm
HisPurePrincess ELITE, Flemington, New Jersey
I don't have much to say to that except, I'm sorry.  People seem to take that the wrong way, but really I AM sorry for you.  I hope that God will show himself to you, and that you will see him for the amazing father he is.  Now I feel like that sounds as if I think you're stupid not to believe in him.  Maybe I do, I guess I just because there's no way I couldn't believe in God, it's harder for me to sympathize with non-believers.  Can you "hear" my tone of voice, er, fingers?  It's hard to figure that out in writing.  Anyway, sending you love, ... a friend.  :)

on Aug. 7 2011 at 6:32 pm
EmilyBuz13 BRONZE, Horton, Michigan

When i was younger i %100 believed but after so much of nothing chaging and things only getting worse and seeing so many innocent people have to suffer i slowly started losen it and now im to the point where i just dont even believe he cares because in my entire life not 1 of my prayers ever came true.

on Mar. 24 2011 at 2:12 pm

I don't judge you.  I'll try and answer you the best I can.  When you pray "you must ask in faith and without any doubting, for the one who doubts is like the surf of the sea, driven and tossed by the wind.  That man ought not to expect he will receive anything from the Lord, being a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways."  That's from the book of James in the Bible.  When you pray you need faith that God is going to answer you.  Not necessarily fulfil your request.  He could say yes, he could say, no not right now, or he could say, I have something better planned for you.  If there's no faith or belief that God will actually do anything, then he won't, because you're not believing in him.  

Jesus is our Savior.  He is everywhere.  He hates having sin in this world.  Adam and Eve understood God's rules.  He gave them one rule.  That's it!  And they still broke it.  He couldn't let sin be in his holy presence, so they were banished.  Satan is still in this world, and he tempts us everyday just like he did with Adam and Eve.  

If someone turns to God, and believes in him, and has faith in him, they will not suffer beyond what they can stand.  They will have peace, and they'll live forever him heaven with him when they die.  This religion has a flaw - sin.  We can't destroy, only God can.  In the end days, he will.  

But there are so many people who reject him.  Even though God loves everyone in the world, if they reject him, he can't just let him into his blessing still.  They need to obey his will and accept him as Lord and God if they want to live with his blessing over them.  

I really don't judge you.  I respect your beliefs, I'm just presenting an argument fot God.  I also do feel sorry that you feel this way, but if you were my friend, I wouldn't push you away.  I might feel upset, or sad, but I wouldn't think you're awful.  Jesus loves you, though, and so do I.

on Mar. 17 2011 at 11:51 am

All right.  I'll try and put my thoughts down as best as I can.  I'm a Christian, and I truly understand why some people DON'T understand.  Us humans are very controlling.  This is MY life, I'll live it MY way, and nobody should tell me I'm wrong.  That's why most people have a problem with God.  

God exists to me.  If I'm a Christian, then I have to believe that God is in control, God knows what's best, God is perfect and I'm a sinner.  What??!!  Hold up, who are you calling a sinner?  Well, that comes with the package deal.  So, I'm going to Hell right?  If you reject God, yeah.  Oh that's nice.  

No, it's not nice.  But I know that I've got a way out.  Jesus.  He saved me when no one else could and dramatically changed my life.  Oh, I'm not perfect or nearly, or even close to nearly or almost!  I'm still so much of a sinner.  

It's always really hard when you're stuck on that fine line of where you don't understand.  There are LOTS of things that I don't understand.  One thing I get, however, is that I can't always understand what God is or what he does.  I can't always know what he's planning.  I can't expect everything to be perfect when I'm not.  I'm okay with not understanding everything.  Sometimes the concept of GOD is so awesome to me that I just feel so small.  But even then, it's amazing to feel in my heart that I KNOW GOD.  

He's my Father.  I'm a princess, daughter of the King of Kings.  I can't explain everything to you, I'm not extremely learned or knowledgeable.  I'm just your ordinary Christian, struggling along in the same world as you.  I can't say that I don't judge you, because that would be a lie.  I tend to jude people, and have predjudice.  One of my many faults.  I'm sorry for that.  Tolerance is a fine line too.  I can't say exactly where I stand, but I'm try and understand where you are.  I hope this helps you.  :)

MacMillan Books

Aspiring Writer? Take Our Online Course!