Atheism is Not Arrogance

Atheism is not arrogance, no. Atheism is not a cop out way of dealing with the world. Atheism isn’t something people proclaim to themselves without a purpose. Atheism is scary. Atheism is reality. Reality is scary and something people are way too feared by to go near. So what is it that they do? They pray. They pray to a god of some sort hoping that everything will be okay. Funny isn’t it, that each day problems just get worse, and worse, and worse. But that has nothing to do with some imaginary figure in the sky, that has to do with pure error, human error. Problems and solutions, the good and the evil, all derive from human mistake and human progress. As an atheist I believe. I believe in people. I believe in the power of love and care and kindness. I believe in the power behind a smile, but I refuse to believe and worship and pray to something of some sort that is exactly something of some sort that will only ever be something of some sort.

Navi-Talmid-Shel-Seraphim said...
I don't like you veiw and that's coming from a Chris.tian. Secularism is poison to the world and, I feel bad for you.

scream.u.a.lullaby said...

Atheism is a lack of belief in any higher power, yes? So what do you accredit with the beginning of life? The big bang? What came before that? and before that? the questions are endless and unexplainable.

personally, i've always thought atheism is just the refusal to take a side. It's when you decide to just not think about it, and thus tell yourself you have to belief. It is impossible to truly have no belief at all because it is in our genetics to believe in a higher power.

He... (more »)

Destinee This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Nov. 26, 2010 at 2:13 am :
Interesting research. Though I'd like to make one minor correction: Atheism isn't the "lack of belief in any higher power", it's the "belief in the lack of any higher power", because there's no proof against God existing. 

Good article, by the by.

PuzzleLuver said...
Nov. 15, 2010 at 5:21 am:
But it is arrogence if you call other peoples beliefs silly and stupid, which is what I take from this.