Nature

Emerson once wrote: "What is a weed?" His whole quote states that no matter how big the plant or how beautiful the blossom, everything has its own purpose. It could be the smallest or the ugliest, but it still has its own reasons to be put on this earth. So ask yourself, what type of plant are you? are you the type of plant that has long roots like a tree? or are you the type of plant that has short roots like a rose bush? No matter what type of plant you may be, the tree or the rose bush. You always have a purpose to be put on this earth and to be able to breathe this air. God takes the best out of this world for he believes that the best deserve to be with him. Are you the person who would show off their beauty on the outside and ignore the inside? or are you the type that would cease to show the outer and more of the inner? What is a weed? and what is it's purpose?

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

This is a very well-written, thought-provoking article. I'm afraid that I can't answer your questions because I'm not sure of my own purpose. (That may be all right; I'm sure they were rhetorical).

This held a lot of truth. It seems too many people focus on a 'plant's' beauty and apparent importance and forget to recognize its purpose. Thanks for writing this!

hanbanann4501This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Nov. 24, 2010 at 8:04 am
Thank you very much for your comment about my work. i very much appreciate it, and yes i do think that people tend to look more of the outside of things than its real purpose it has in our every day lives.