Changing the World Through Your Talent | Teen Ink

Changing the World Through Your Talent

April 13, 2010
By misslunalovegood GOLD, Manila, Other
misslunalovegood GOLD, Manila, Other
10 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
One broken dream is not the end of dreaming.


Everyone of God’s creation possesses a unique kind of talent. Some may be good in the field of acting, others in academics. But whatever your talent is, you have the power to change the world. Quite unbelievable, isn’t it? But if you only pay attention to the great force that holds your skills, you’ll find that you really have the power to change the world.

Discovering your talent is the first step in changing the world. You must uncover your skill by examining yourself. Ask yourself questions like where am I good at? What are my interests? What is my own field? You should know your skill, the field wherein you are good at while others find difficult for that will lead you to the second pace of changing the world.

The second step is mastering your talent. You must improve your talent by using it in different ways. For instance, if you are good at singing pop music, try singing other kinds of music. With this, not only developing your talent, you can also find happiness in doing so. Of course, at first you will find it difficult, but as you practice, the more you can master it.

The third step is finding opportunity. This may be the hardest part of the process because it doesn’t come naturally. After mastering your skill, you have to find opportunity for your talent to be recognized. Opportunity will not come to you; you need to find opportunity. Join contests and bond competitions; it will enable you to broadcast your talent nationally. Remember, everything comes on little things. You need to start on some little contests, and slowly you will enter greater competitions.

After unearthing several opportunities, it is time for you to find other people with the same talent and ideals as yours. For example, if are a singer and you want to make the world a better place, find singers who also want to make the world a better place. Gather and think of the ways that will make the world better. You need to find your voice, for it it the only way in which other people will listen to you. Appeal to the people whom you can influence and let your power do the job.

See? You can really change the world using your talent. All of this may sound dumb and difficult, but if you only pay attention on what your skill can do, you will surely accept the fact that you really can change the world.