Religon: A Touchy Topic | Teen Ink

Religon: A Touchy Topic

May 9, 2010
By ColbyMartin BRONZE, Amarillo, Texas
ColbyMartin BRONZE, Amarillo, Texas
1 article 0 photos 14 comments

Favorite Quote:
Give Peace A Chance.


Hey, all.


Before you read this, please note that I tend to form my own opinion about everything, and not what everyone else tries to force down my throat. Religion, drugs, sex, science, music, television, the Internet, and many more touchy topics. Also keep in mind I'm not trying to change anyone's belief. Now that we've got that out of the way, let us begin with todays topic: religion.


Recently, I've been reading books talking about Evolution, String Theory, and Light Energy. It's pretty amazing stuff. I mean, just imagine that we are all connected as one thing: Energy. What is smaller than atoms? Energy. What're our thoughts made out of? Energy.


Now listen. Humans being created by tiny micro-organisms slowly evolving into primates, which, through genetic problems and injuries, formed into what we look like now, seems more likely then a cosmic being in the sky, sending down his son which, for some reason, had to DIE so that idiot Americans can get drunk on Saturday night and beat their wife, then ask for forgiveness. But no worries, he comes back three days later. (Which, by the way, defines him as a zombie.)


C'mon folks, what proof DO we have that there is a GOD? I'm keeping my mind open, but I just want fellow TeenInk members to view this so that they may be able to do more research and form their own opinion.