Religon: A Touchy Topic | Teen Ink

Religon: A Touchy Topic

By ColbyMartin BRONZE, Amarillo, Texas
ColbyMartin BRONZE, Amarillo, Texas

Give Peace A Chance.

Hey, all.

Before you read this, please note that I tend to form my own opinion about everything, and not what everyone else tries to force down my throat. Religion, drugs, sex, science, music, television, the Internet, and many more touchy topics. Also keep in mind I'm not trying to change anyone's belief. Now that we've got that out of the way, let us begin with todays topic: religion.

Recently, I've been reading books talking about Evolution, String Theory, and Light Energy. It's pretty amazing stuff. I mean, just imagine that we are all connected as one thing: Energy. What is smaller than atoms? Energy. What're our thoughts made out of? Energy.

Now listen. Humans being created by tiny micro-organisms slowly evolving into primates, which, through genetic problems and injuries, formed into what we look like now, seems more likely then a cosmic being in the sky, sending down his son which, for some reason, had to DIE so that idiot Americans can get drunk on Saturday night and beat their wife, then ask for forgiveness. But no worries, he comes back three days later. (Which, by the way, defines him as a zombie.)

C'mon folks, what proof DO we have that there is a GOD? I'm keeping my mind open, but I just want fellow TeenInk members to view this so that they may be able to do more research and form their own opinion.

PastorsKid said...
PastorsKid, Saint Charles, Missouri

One is not necessarily born with courage,but one is born with potential.

Actually,there's a lot more proof against evolution than for it.The fossils needed to prove that we evolved from primordial organisms to reptiles to primates to us just aren't there.There are way too many unanswered questions and dubious 'facts' for evolution to be swallowed by the public without a second thought.And if you're going down to the nuts and bolts of what we're made of,its been tried time and time again to recreate the theoretical processes of evolution in labs.But the proteins and enzymes needed to create DNA chains won't bond by themselves.Life can't happen without life.I know I sound kinda fanatical,but if you really check into things,it's easy to draw your own conclusions.I concur with you about not wanting to believe something without proof;neither do I.Check out Answers In Genesis' website.I'm not saying you have to believe what I do,I'm just sayin' there's a lot to this topic.

Hollywog. PLATINUM, Mole Creek, Other

It's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all..

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Ghandi

Wow.. this makes total sense :)

I've written one a bit similar, called How Far Is Too Far? It's be awesome if you'd read it!

Anyway, you've made a really great point - well done!

Love and Sunshine,

Holly!

xoxo

tennisplayergirl GOLD, Arrington, Virginia

"He who will not risk cannot win." John Paul Jones

love this article!