Religon: A Touchy Topic

Hey, all.

Before you read this, please note that I tend to form my own opinion about everything, and not what everyone else tries to force down my throat. Religion, drugs, sex, science, music, television, the Internet, and many more touchy topics. Also keep in mind I'm not trying to change anyone's belief. Now that we've got that out of the way, let us begin with todays topic: religion.

Recently, I've been reading books talking about Evolution, String Theory, and Light Energy. It's pretty amazing stuff. I mean, just imagine that we are all connected as one thing: Energy. What is smaller than atoms? Energy. What're our thoughts made out of? Energy.

Now listen. Humans being created by tiny micro-organisms slowly evolving into primates, which, through genetic problems and injuries, formed into what we look like now, seems more likely then a cosmic being in the sky, sending down his son which, for some reason, had to DIE so that idiot Americans can get drunk on Saturday night and beat their wife, then ask for forgiveness. But no worries, he comes back three days later. (Which, by the way, defines him as a zombie.)

C'mon folks, what proof DO we have that there is a GOD? I'm keeping my mind open, but I just want fellow TeenInk members to view this so that they may be able to do more research and form their own opinion.

Jessica T. said...
I suppose many people have not had the same evidence I've had for God. It's a personal journey for those who truly and sincerely desire to know Him. I have heard His voice, seen Him heal, had Him tell me things I had no way of knowing and then had them confirmed. there are some pretty crazy prophecies in the Bible too (predicting peoples names 600 years before they were born is intense...), plus the testimonies of so many other people throughout history its crazy. then there's nature. looking at... (more »)

andromeda13 said...
Sept. 27, 2011 at 6:39 am
Good subject, it was well writen. It could have been longer considering the subject. And it kind of stunned me when you asked that infamous question " is there prove that there is a god". I'm not one of them but some people are really going to have something to say about that.

rockyraccoon said...
Jun. 26, 2011 at 4:10 am
what if god created science to make it look like he did not exsited so he could weed out true beleivers. personely i belive the ancient greeks might have right with with hades.

AaronLawrence said...
Nov. 11, 2010 at 11:20 am
I agree with you, expecially i don't think you should be allowed to preach things with no scientific proof, but this would have come through better with the fundementalist sides if you hadn't used the offensiveness, even if it might have been relevent. 

TrinityCreed said...
Oct. 20, 2010 at 9:22 am
Good article, but you have one problem: yes there is science that can prove some things in this universe. But I tend to DO believe in God. I added my two cents to this debate. Don't agree with me, just leave me alone. That's all I have to say.   

AaronLawrence replied...
Nov. 11, 2010 at 11:19 am
We'd leave religion alone, if religions would leave us alone, but you know how many Jehova Witnesses come to my door every year! 

HisPurePrincess This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
I believe in God, but I don't believe what Jehovah's Witnesses believe.  I hope you don't base your opinion of religion that is based on a God on what you are annoyed with in one denomination.

TrinityCreed replied...
Mar. 14, 2011 at 7:17 am
I'm not a Jehovah Witness, I'm a Baptist Chris.tian. What I'm really annoyed with is when people are ingorant in the Word of God. You know, if you don't like my veiw then leave me be. Why comment on what I say? I only comment just to defend myself. If you ever get onto youtube, check Terra Firma, by Mychildren Mybride. Really people, leave me be. Now I say this, scr*w science! Keep it only for curing cancer and diseases, but it can never explain human life! Science lies as much as lu... (more »)

tuasony said...
Nice, short and to the point, it would be better though if it made a little sence. For example you said that we are all made of energy. Well, believe it or not, energy has an orgin and where would that orgin be? Do a little research and find out why it doenst make sence!

matt7 said...
explains* and by the fact you like to mock shows you dont have a open mind

bound4life4ever This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
preach it matt7!!!!!!!! i totally agree w. u nd w. fiction lover! u call urself open minded... but just dont b so open minded that ur brains nd commen ssense fall rite out ur head-_-

matt7 said...
Ratonality demands that all physical objects has an explaination for existance, the only thing proposed by man that can explain that is not physcial is spiritual. God is spiritual; therefore, it is rational to believe God expains (exists).

fictionlover10 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
If you agree with evolution you probably agree with the Big Bang theory, which says that there was no universe until a reaction happened and all matter in existence was formed. But where did the matter come from to start the reaction the MADE all matter? The only answer can be God. I don't know if that made sense, but I have a submission going up explaining more in detail. Check out my work! But thanks for writing this. It was still good!

andromeda13 replied...
Sept. 27, 2011 at 6:37 am
not quite sure what you meant? Did you mean that the Big Bang theory is true but it was God that set it in motion or did you mean something intirley different?

fictionlover10 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Sept. 30, 2011 at 8:31 am
That's exactly what I mean! I think the two theories can coexist.

andromeda13 replied...
Thats is actauly a really smart way of thinking! :) Thats a really cool theory! 

Thanks! :)

Hollywog. said...
Jul. 9, 2010 at 2:27 am

I think I am in love with you right back.

Haha :)

Nah, you know I feel exactly the same way as you about this topic - congrats in writing such an awesome article.

And well done on having your own opinion and being open-minded about these things :)

Love and Sunshine,

Holly!

MWM958 said...
May 28, 2010 at 9:19 am

there are many persuasive and good arguments for the Existence of God. as well as very good historical arguments for the resurrection of Jesus.

your kinda asking a loaded question by saying "What proof do u have".

if u wanna discuss, email me, or ya can go to theologyweb.com and register an account at their forum (and christians there are are actually rational and intellectual, and dont say dumbass thigns like "i believe in god cuz i feel him in my heart").

thanks for rea... (more »)

coinkedink said...
your viewpoint makes sense and i'm glad  that you have an open mind. there is actually alot of solid evidence for the existence of a god. if you want to check him out, theres this guy, charlie campbell, who explains this in a way that makes actual sense. his website is alwaysbeready.com. good article by the way....