My Take on Gay Marriage

I have heard the United States referred to as the “melting pot” many times before. This metaphor represents that we have many different cultures in America, and that each culture can blend together to create a United Nation. With different culture comes different religion, which I am not sure has been melted together to become equal.

In the United States seventy-six percent of Americans recognize themselves as Christians. This is a very large amount of people, but what about the other twenty-four percent of Americans? I believe there is not enough separation between Church and State. Why should the twenty- four percent of Non-Christians have to follow laws that are based on the Bible?

For example, gay marriage is recognized as a sin in the Bible. Therefore, a law was created making gay marriage illegal. This seems wrong considering every citizen of the United States must follow this Bible related law, but not every citizen believes in the Bible.

If you do not believe in gay marriage then don’t become gay, but do not disrespect others by not allowing them the rights that you have. We are all citizens of these United States and each and every one of us deserves the same rights.

GinryuStargazer said...
I put out this argument all the time; the only legit reason to ban gay marriage is thanks to the bible, but what about the "seperation"? I have bisexual and homosexual friends, and I despise the slander against them. Thank you!

brandeyye_fails said...
i couldn't agree more.

EveMarie said...
Thank you for pointing this out, I agree with you all the way.

CJMurph replied...
May 12, 2010 at 9:51 am
I definately believe that gays should have all of the same rights as straights. I have a Gay brother so this topic personally impacts me. I think that people don't choose to be gay, i think that it is genetic because my brother showed signs of being gay long before he even knew what gay was. But you make a lot of good points and i'm glad that you are writing about this topic. Good job.