Religion, good or bad? | Teen Ink

Religion, good or bad?

April 10, 2010
By izzycaseykat SILVER, Sacramento, California
izzycaseykat SILVER, Sacramento, California
6 articles 0 photos 11 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Life is a great teacher....unfortunately it kills all of it's pupils."


"Well! I've often seen a cat without a grin," thought Alice; " but a grin without a cat! It's the most curious thing I ever say in my life!" ~Alice


Which side are you on? Science or religion? I am an athiest, which means I do not believe in any type of god or afterlife. But I am open-minded. Many people bash athiest for not agreeing with everybody else. I have been told, "YOU WILL GO TO HELL." or "GOD HATES YOU." but also many people have been bashed for believing in some sort of god or afterlife. Even though there are much more people who are religious. I believe it is good to have some sort of hope in an afterlife. AND alot of religion encourages people to be nice and good and you will live happly in the afterlife. But to rub it in peoples faces? I believe religion causes more harm than good. For one example, Gay marriage. Alot (not all) christians think controlling peoples life is going to bring them in the afterlife with other people as well. As (I think) they are trying to do good they are not. Controlling peoples life and decieding who they should marry or what a woman can do with their bodies is obxious and controlling and they have no right to do that. A distant cousin of mine got raped by her father and she became pregnant because of it and she decieded to get an abortion but many people tried to stop her. Even some of her friends became ex-friends because of it. I don't mean to offend any one and I am sorry if I did. I am not trying to say ALL religious people are like that and not alot of religions are. Alot of christians do. Not all. Thankyou and bye.


The author's comments:
I decieded to right this because I was sick of being critized for what I believe in, logic.