Jesus who?

The Darwin awards or the Bibile? Creationism or Evolution? Which book does modern youth enjoy more? Which theory do they believe in and respect? Modern youth are following a general trend toward science and technology and away from the holy trinity. The technology wave has created things such as the ipod and insulin whereas religion, more specifically the Chatholic church, has remained obsolete and has not evolved from what it once was. Science has also answered age old questions that religioned never dared fathom such as the history of the world and the human genetic code. Religion is based on the fact that an omnipotent and benevolent being is watching over us and knows the answers to everything in the world. Science has proved the existance of DNA whereas Catholics are content to believe in God, who is debatably a fictional character. Youth of our era would rather spend a morning in front of the computer then in church. Is this a bad thing?
Although science has advanced our society beyong imagine it is also the source of most of our trouble. Science has devided the world. Everhyone is connected but only a rare few are really together. Today's generation comunicates through email and electronics whereas religion promotes unity in person. Science has ripped nations apart with the creation of weapons whereas religion promotes the old saying : do unto others as you would have them do unto you. The Catholic church promotes faith and accountability towards God. Science promotes progress with an optional consideration for ethics and morals. Science is cool and dangerous. Religion is old and boring. Youth love science and find religion dull. Can you blame them?

Chica-de-sonrisas said...
you say science has answered the age-old question of the history of the world....you might need to clarify that thought. i think you meant the "creation" of the world..the history is just something that has already occured in the past.if you meant creation,though, the Bible has already answered that age old question long before humans began to come up with their own versions of it.im not just saying, oh its older, so it must be better, no im just saying that everything the Bible has predicted,or... (more »)

fiction77 replied...
Nov. 25, 2010 at 10:20 pm :
I'm not debating the accuracy of the bible in this article!!! I'm saying that the fact that religion isn't evolving as such that people are going to start to look to other ways to explain the world around them. In a world where I am being preached tolerence and equality do I really want a system of belief that believes homosexuality is wrong?

Chica-de-sonrisas said...
technically, there wasnt an "age old question" about human genetics, or the human genetic code, because we werent always aware of its existence.although now the question has been brought up,think about it.the chance of something so delicate and intricate as the human genetic code can not randomly appear by "chance". critically acclaimed scientists,and not just christian ones, have admitted the chances of that are 1 to about 2 trillion. just like when you open up a watch,and you look on the insid... (more »)

AnonymousFatty replied...
Apr. 8, 2011 at 10:35 am :
When you think about how infinitely large the universe is, 1 in 2 trillion is not that bad odds.

annelindy replied...
Aug. 1, 2011 at 2:42 pm :

The fact that the odds of another universe out there just like ours is phenomenal, and points to God...He truly is amazing!! Just the fact that we have the right consistency of oxygen to breathe in this atmosphere (if it was only slightly changed, we'd be dead) screams that there's something out there way beyond our comprehension.

Check out the book Why the Universe Is the Way It Is

Jazzypooh said...
You stated that teens would rather get on the computer then go to church. Well thats wrong I love my church and when I go and actually listen to my preacher I feel good. Some churchs are not even boring. If you would actually go to church and listen then you would learn a lot about life. God is real, forget what science says. All you have to do is look in the mirror, there is your proof!

Chica-de-sonrisas replied...
Oct. 11, 2010 at 12:14 pm :
its not even necessarily about going to church to feel good, although of course that is a great thing, but you shouldnt just throw science out of the window. bsecause God created science, mostly because it allows us to see what an awesome and creative God he was when he created everything,and to draw us towards him in awe and worship

matt7 said...
Jul. 14, 2010 at 12:55 am:
"Science has proved the existance of DNA whereas Catholics are content to believe in God" - I have no idea what you mean by this; Christians are all for science, it was the Christians who founded all the well known universities in the West (Oxford, Harvard, Princton), and most of the others.

Chica-de-sonrisas replied...
Oct. 11, 2010 at 12:10 pm :
i completely agree, most people(some Christians included) tend to forget that God created everything, including science.The more we study science,the closer we are to understanding that there had to have been an Intelligent Designer. Evolution (the main philosophy Marxist Lenonists and Naturalists,among others believe in) is already starting to crumble, and ppl are doubting its worth.of couse,with our media mostly having strong liberal standpoints,most ppl arent aware of this yet

blues_are.still_blue replied...
Mar. 18, 2011 at 10:22 pm :
Exactly what evidence do you have to make the ludicrous suggestion that Intelligent Design has merit?

jerry of seinfeld replied...
May 9, 2011 at 11:52 pm :

Exactly what evidence do you have to make the ludicrous impliment that this entire universe was created by chance? We have a big book written by the creator himself.

Your aruguement has no grounds to stand on. You can't tell us that that macro-evolution is real because a scientist who neglects all other theories proved that it is real because it found the tooth of a cave-man! (Also, that tooth was later recognised as a boar's tooth).

blues_are.still_blue replied...
May 10, 2011 at 9:41 pm :

since when is the bible written by god? you should at least know basic facts about your own religion. And no where did i say that the universe was "created by chance". First of all, i don't think it was "created" and second, i think it was chance because chance is everything. Even according to the god hypothesis, god created the universe by "chance", since he could have chosen not to. Your use of the word "chance" holds no argumentative meaning. So lose the Strawman approach and find a real a... (more »)

jerry of seinfeld replied...
May 11, 2011 at 11:59 am :

The Bible is God inspired. They (the authors) wrote for the Glory of God. God spoke to Moses (author of Genisis) about the begining. So, God is the author. Sorry I said 'created'. That was a careless mistake. But the 'chance' part wasn't. You are saying that nobody has free-will, it all happened by chance. Also, I don't know what 'Strawman' means. I am quite heavy for my age.

I agree with you that my second paragraph holds no merit. But there isn't any existing knowledge. I know t... (more »)

blues_are.still_blue replied...
May 11, 2011 at 3:00 pm :

strawman" means that you aren't focusing on the key issues of my point, and instead you pick out insignificant details that don't really change the main idea.

Show me one article from a respected scientific journal that says that astrolopithicus isn't valid evidence of evolution.

Here is a condensed list of all known transitional forms. http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/faq-transitional.html

fire_ice4ever This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 26, 2011 at 2:44 am :

I love this website you've linked!! 

A lot of the arguments here would be completely eradicated if they checked this out!!! 

annelindy replied...
Aug. 1, 2011 at 2:46 pm :

I went to the Badlands in South Dakota and they had a bunch of monuments with glass boxes of missing link skulls and such, with a big description on top of each one. Then I learned that those skulls weren't totally found--certain elements were glued on to look like they were evolutionized. I was really mad when I found that out several weeks later....and I was thinking, how much of what is taught is really true?

Got me into some major thinking. And research. Check... (more »)

Souls&Spirits said...
May 26, 2010 at 2:28 pm:
I know no one asked but I would just like to offer my opinion on the subject anyway.  My parents were brought up as christians.. attending catholic schools and confession, however it must not have made a lasting impression for my family now is in no way religious.  My siblings and I were not baptised, I have a great uncle who is strictly an atheist and a few years ago when my grandmother passed away we held a non religious service in a non-denominational church.  that being said I... (more »)

sammm7 replied...
Jun. 1, 2010 at 7:12 pm :
Thank you for commenting, your opinion is what this whole site is about. I just want to say that your opposition towards the inequalities of the bible is great. It's a perfect example of how Christianity will not connect with future generations because of the way that they are brought up: in an environment of tolerence towards everyone. You turned towards a different belief but others will look to science to provide them answers.

true believer replied...
Aug. 28, 2010 at 8:48 pm :

Sammm7;  I would challenge you to read the Bible and then come back again with an opinion afterwards as to whether there is no validity to Christianity and belief in God.  I think everyone should read God's word first before completely discounting his existence.  Science can be a great tool of the Devil for deceiving mankind.

I will pray for you.

Chica-de-sonrisas replied...
Oct. 11, 2010 at 12:37 pm :
true believer, i honestly believe you arent helping matters here, because honestly, sammm7 doesnt give a wit about whether or not you will pray for him.so that was basically just spiteful.and true believer, obviously everybody with questions about the Bible shouldnt jsut be told to "go read it" to understand it,first of all because without Christ in their lives to help them understand it and discern it, they wont get it and second of all,they just wont want to half of the time. this is why we as... (more »)

krazykathleen said...
May 8, 2010 at 5:29 pm:
Please, learn how to spell "Bible." You seem to somewhat contradict yourself in this piece. You say how God is "debatably a fiction character," and go on to say scientist have proven DNA and such. Then at the end suddenly we find out you believe, though you spent the whole article talking about scientifc evidence. Then, the last sentence is "Can you blame them?" And I again wondered what side you were on! O yeah and for your information, I would rather go to church than go on the computer. ... (more »)