Jesus who?

The Darwin awards or the Bibile? Creationism or Evolution? Which book does modern youth enjoy more? Which theory do they believe in and respect? Modern youth are following a general trend toward science and technology and away from the holy trinity. The technology wave has created things such as the ipod and insulin whereas religion, more specifically the Chatholic church, has remained obsolete and has not evolved from what it once was. Science has also answered age old questions that religioned never dared fathom such as the history of the world and the human genetic code. Religion is based on the fact that an omnipotent and benevolent being is watching over us and knows the answers to everything in the world. Science has proved the existance of DNA whereas Catholics are content to believe in God, who is debatably a fictional character. Youth of our era would rather spend a morning in front of the computer then in church. Is this a bad thing?
Although science has advanced our society beyong imagine it is also the source of most of our trouble. Science has devided the world. Everhyone is connected but only a rare few are really together. Today's generation comunicates through email and electronics whereas religion promotes unity in person. Science has ripped nations apart with the creation of weapons whereas religion promotes the old saying : do unto others as you would have them do unto you. The Catholic church promotes faith and accountability towards God. Science promotes progress with an optional consideration for ethics and morals. Science is cool and dangerous. Religion is old and boring. Youth love science and find religion dull. Can you blame them?

blemished_rose said...
Obviously you don't know what your talking about. First of all science doesn't PROVE anything, and there are alot of christian scientists. I, for one love science and christianity, and they do go together. You have a very poor arguement. Anyone who knows what they were talking about can see that.

WriterA.M. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Dec. 25, 2011 at 10:03 pm :
Isaac Newton.

blues_are.still_blue said...
Mar. 21, 2011 at 12:13 am:
I don't care what he needs. Your argument had no proof and you haven't given evidence why i'm wrong. If you don't always understand him then how do you dare speculate on his properties?

christ follower replied...
Apr. 5, 2011 at 4:49 pm :

You talk as if religion and science dont agree with each other. It can and if you read the Bible, it does. Teens nowaday would probably want to stay and play on the computer. But some are willing to spend some time with God.

Owning droids doesnt mean rejecting God. Loving science doesnt mean God is a myth. If you research what the bible has to say about science, youll know it is quite the opposite.

blues_are.still_blue replied...
May 10, 2011 at 9:44 pm :

What the bible "has to say about science"? Are you kidding me? What aspect of the biblical creation myth, walking on water, and ressurction, matches up with factual scientific (or even historical) knowledge? Also i don't get why you associate atheism with "droids' and playing on computers, but i fully take that as an unvalidated assertion. Show me some stats that say that atheists are more likely to "play on computers".

PS: I HAVE read the bible. Have you?

christ follower replied...
May 11, 2011 at 12:23 pm :

I would be a hypocrite if I didn't read the bible. My second paragraph was towards the article, not you.

You take out bits and peaces out of the Bible and call it myth, when I can just as easily call it super-natural and evolution a myth. I did not associate atheism with droids. I did the opposite. I said 'Owning droids doesnt mean rejecting God'. As I have said above, the second paragraph was not towards you.

blues_are.still_blue replied...
May 11, 2011 at 2:54 pm :

i do not call bits and pieces of the bible a myth. I assert that the large majority of it is a myth. The reason for this is because people have failed to show any evidence to support its claims. Especially scientific ones. On the other hand, evolution has mountains of tested evidence. Whether you want to call it a myth or not is up to you, but the facts speak for themselves. 

Show me non-biblical scientific evidence of biblical creation and i'll believe you.

ThereIsAHeaven replied...
May 13, 2011 at 8:30 am :
"And they that walk the way of darkness shall dwell in darkness. For their thoughts are darkend with evil understanding; for they do not know what they do. Since they know no light."  ~Me

blues_are.still_blue said...
Mar. 21, 2011 at 12:09 am:
I don't care what he needs. Your argument had no proof and you haven't specified why i'm wrong. If you don't always understand him, then how can you even dare to speculate on his properties?

ThereIsAHeaven replied...
May 13, 2011 at 8:37 am :

Blues, why do hate God so much that you think He is not real? Isn't nature proof of God's existence? I believe atoms and other sciencey stuff had to come from something. I believe that they come from God. That's the only logic I can come up with. 

P.S.- If I leave this debate at any time, I know I won. More precisely God will win, you can't defeat Him. Even if you try, you can't win.  

blues_are.still_blue replied...
May 13, 2011 at 1:11 pm :
You have a very fundamental misunderstanding of what the word "atheist" means. It means that i DO NOT BELIEVE A GOD EXISTS. How would i hate something that i don't think exists? If it makes you feel better to pretend that i'm "angry at god". then go ahead, but it won't cover up the fact that you do not have an argument; only empty words. And please, feel free to "leave the debate". Just realize that it will mean something quite different to me than to you.

ThereIsAHeaven replied...
May 15, 2011 at 11:44 pm :
You hate, therefore you don't understand. Good bye; I hope God has mercy for you in the afterlife. 'Cause you NEVER have an excuse to know Him. 

annelindyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Aug. 1, 2011 at 2:36 pm :

I think God isn't judgemental. He is the truth, He knows it, and He says it in the Bible when He confronted things that weren't right. Hate the sin but love the sinner. "For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by His grace through the redemption that came by Jesus Christ." -Romans 3:23-24

We Christians are by no means perfect.

..but we have a perfect Savior who died to save anybody--NO exclusions whatsoever--who will believe on Him!... (more »)

ThereIsAHeaven replied...
Aug. 1, 2011 at 6:14 pm :
I see the truth, but God does judge people (that's if you are talking to me).  

HisPurePrincess This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 14, 2011 at 7:27 pm:
I love God and find science extremely dull!  God loves me, gave me a second chance, when I seek him I find him, he is everywhere for me, is always with me, he keeps me safe, I find peace and hope and purpose in him.  Science just frustrates me.  I prefer to talk with God.  Can you blame me?

blues_are.still_blue replied...
Mar. 14, 2011 at 7:54 pm :
Yes. Anybody can be "blamed" for ignorance.

HisPurePrincess This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Mar. 15, 2011 at 11:02 am :
So how old are you?  You're going to put blame on me because you think I'm ignorant?  I don't think people can be blamed for being ignorant if they had no way to gain knowledge.  And I'm perfectly certain of my UNignorance, thank you.  What I was trying to say was just the opposite of the author to prove a point.  My comment makes just as much sense (if not more) than the article.  The author made a generalization which was an error.  I'm just saying that I'm a... (more »)

blues_are.still_blue replied...
Mar. 15, 2011 at 5:49 pm :

How is my age relevant? One doesn't have to be old to spot someone who prefers to stay in the dark.

"I don't think people can be blamed for being ignorant if they had no way to gain knowledge"

Yeah, i know that. But my response was to YOU, not the article. So unless you're telling me you were raised under a rock, I don't think you're excused.

"I'm just saying...research a little bit"

and then- "I find science extremely dull! [It] frustrates me!"

When you act... (more »)

Mar. 16, 2011 at 10:30 am :
What, research that teens prefer the computer to going to church?  I'm sure the majority of teens would.  However, most of my friends wouldn't, and I'm sure other teens from other churches wouldn't either.  When I'm at church, and able to worship with other believers, it's the most amazing thing.  Somedays maybe I don't feel so great.  But then I'm there in the house of God, and he comes down to full it with his presence.  I've felt him, and the Holy Spirit and it's... (more »)

blues_are.still_blue replied...
Mar. 16, 2011 at 2:37 pm :

As for your fixation on the age thing, we're the same age. And I don't fully agree with you. I agree that ignorance is more prominent in younger people, but my comment was that one doesn't have to be older to SPOT ignorance.

Also, we both know that that's not what i meant about the research comment, so no thank you, i'd actually like to stay on topic. You said that you find science dull. then you said that people should research before they make generalizations. Are you telling me... (more »)

blues_are.still_blue replied...
Mar. 16, 2011 at 2:41 pm :