OMG? | Teen Ink

OMG?

March 23, 2010
By jeanines GOLD, Stony Point, New York
jeanines GOLD, Stony Point, New York
19 articles 0 photos 24 comments

Favorite Quote:
"the only thing to fear, is fear itself."- theodore roosevelt


The way I see it is when you go through something that changes you and your perspective on life, one of two things will happen:
Your faith will either become stronger than it was,
Or you will question what you once believed were true.
I’ve seen people who have been through the worst in life, yet they think that’s what god intended for them. But if he wanted you to live happy would he not take away things that are so precious to you? Would he not see the troubles and think maybe this is too much for them to handle? If he really cared so much why do you think such world problems such as the holocaust, the dropping of the atomic bomb in Japan, the genocides in Africa, tsunamis, terrorist bombings, and earthquakes that happened in Haiti are still happening?

Yes, I know that some problems are our fault because of the human race and our small minds. But what if god made such problems for humans?

Now people are afraid of people in the Middle East because of some drastic measures they use to get their point across, take Muslims for example:
Their faith leads them to believe that Muhammad sent the prophecy from Allah, which is now the religion called Islam. Did anyone ever realize that this could possibly be what god intended for us all along? Is it what people really hear when they say god told them that? Or is it just their own insanity?

I personally do not believe in god. Even though I was brought up in the Jewish religion. I choose not to believe in a man who lives in the sky. To me it’s just a make believe story told by people who were crazy. I do believe in a higher power. And people say well that’s like god but to me “god” is too strong of a word to use, I also believe in little things from different religions. I don’t think I should have to limit myself to just one thing:
Why can’t I believe in reincarnation and karma from the Buddhists?
Or heaven and hell from the Christians? To me it’s just a way to make people feel secure, So that they always feel like there is a holy man protecting them 24/7.

God is such an unlimited word. It’s used in so many different texts, phrases and sentences throughout the world. But it’s taken in and consumed by so many people that it’s almost like it’s lost its meaning. The meaning of a savior. The meaning of life. Of the world. Of god.

Don’t just follow the way the wind blows. Don’t be inhaled by society and be forced to think things that you don’t like. You always have a choice. And open your minds to new ideas, cultures, and beliefs in the world. Because those who are knowledgeable, are the powerful.


The author's comments:
this is just the way it is 2 me.

Similar Articles

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 49 comments.


AnnaBoBanna said...
on May. 4 2010 at 7:02 pm
I honestly think Zada acted more maturly than you did. She expected you to show the same common courtesy to her that you expected from Zada. And like Chloe said, she never waited for you to respond. She simply expected for you to act maturely, since you've asked her to read something and yet you refuse to read anything she asks. That's hypocritical.

Chloe-e-e-e said...
on May. 4 2010 at 5:48 pm
No she didn't. Go check your article. She read it before even waiting for your response. And like she said she wasn't playing a game. You should be willing to read other peoples articles/comments, not just make other people read them. You never even read one of her comments on this article, and yet she has read both of your articles. I think it's only fair that you read something of hers. And yet you responded as a child and acted as if she just cussed you out. Seriously, you need a reality check.

jeanines GOLD said...
on May. 4 2010 at 5:33 pm
jeanines GOLD, Stony Point, New York
19 articles 0 photos 24 comments

Favorite Quote:
"the only thing to fear, is fear itself."- theodore roosevelt

first of all in one of my comment i even staed that th good in zada was she is just trying to state her point of vew about her religon, so you should get the facts next time because i even tried showing zada that i changed part of my mind when in it come to religon in the past few months. all i did was try and ask her nicely if she would read my other article and she repled like a child saying "if read my article [insert name here]" like i was playing a game ands totally disrespected me

AnnaBoBanna said...
on May. 4 2010 at 4:11 pm
Uszr and jeanines, you really need to reread Zada comments. She ttly left it up to you, jeanines, to make the decision. You're sitting there asking her to read this stuff when you won't even read her comments. And Uszr, you need to learn more about the law. Like Zada said, if she had taken a gun and pointed it at jeanines and told her she MUST become a Christian or she'll die, then, yeah, she's breaking some laws. But if it were illegal to state your opinion (leaving it entirly up to the person your talking to) in a civil way, then TeenInk would be breaking a ton of laws. And Uszr, you are ttly contradicting yourself by saying Zada was "advising jeanines" and then "against her will". Obviously you don't know the meaning behind "advising".

Chloe-e-e-e said...
on May. 4 2010 at 9:14 am
You know what, no one asked your guys' opinions either. By posting an opinion piece you have to be open to other peoples opinions being posted in reply. And I personally think you are contradicting yourself jeanines. You said that your goal in life was to find the good in all people, but you're not trying very hard for Zada. Have you ever thought that maybe she believes in her faith so dearly that she would actually like you to simply THINK about it?? You've completely written her off w/o even hearing her out. She took the time to read your article and actually focus on what it said and ask questions about it. Don't be asking her to look at other stuff of yours when you don't have an open enough mind to look at hers. It's only fair. And isn't that what your all about? Fairness? And "You Suck Zada", I don't know where you got that she was offended, I never once read where she actually said she was mad about something. Just because you believe something different doesn't mean you're offended. You should really think about that.

TheJust ELITE said...
on May. 4 2010 at 8:33 am
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida
254 articles 202 photos 945 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I feel that a hero is somebody who will stand up for their values and what they believe in and that can take any form. People that have values and have thought them through rather than those who just do what they’re told."-Skandar Keynes

"When it’

First of all, I have never taken a gun and pointed it at your head and forced you to do anything. And it's not against the law. But since you all are having so much fun ganging up on me, I'll just leave. Sorry I wasted my time.

jeanines GOLD said...
on May. 4 2010 at 7:22 am
jeanines GOLD, Stony Point, New York
19 articles 0 photos 24 comments

Favorite Quote:
"the only thing to fear, is fear itself."- theodore roosevelt

aww thank u very much :) and its about time noticed

Uszr said...
on May. 3 2010 at 9:19 pm
Ok, A) UR WELCOME AND B) NO ONE ASKED FOR UR OPINION. I CAN SEE UR SIDE, BUT DONT TELL PEOPLE WHAT TO DO, U BASICALLY WERE ADVISING JEANINES TO DO SOMETHING AGAINST HER WILL THAT'S AGAINST THE LAW AM I RIGHT!?!?

jeanines GOLD said...
on May. 3 2010 at 6:32 pm
jeanines GOLD, Stony Point, New York
19 articles 0 photos 24 comments

Favorite Quote:
"the only thing to fear, is fear itself."- theodore roosevelt

you need to open your eyes

TheJust ELITE said...
on May. 3 2010 at 8:43 am
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida
254 articles 202 photos 945 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I feel that a hero is somebody who will stand up for their values and what they believe in and that can take any form. People that have values and have thought them through rather than those who just do what they’re told."-Skandar Keynes

"When it’

You may think that I'm a hypocrit but I'm not. "Why??" is posted for the whole world to see and so are most of my poems. But I really don't need to prove to you that I'm not. I know I'm not, and God knows I'm not and the whole world can think what they want. I'm going to continue spreading the Gospel no matter how many people wind up hating me for it. That's not my problem or fault.

jeanines GOLD said...
on May. 2 2010 at 9:18 pm
jeanines GOLD, Stony Point, New York
19 articles 0 photos 24 comments

Favorite Quote:
"the only thing to fear, is fear itself."- theodore roosevelt

and obviously you care to share enough to all of what you have already posted, so your a hypercrat.

jeanines GOLD said...
on May. 2 2010 at 9:17 pm
jeanines GOLD, Stony Point, New York
19 articles 0 photos 24 comments

Favorite Quote:
"the only thing to fear, is fear itself."- theodore roosevelt

you should pray for what you have just told a fifteen year old girl is deffinantly a sin in the real world.

TheJust ELITE said...
on May. 2 2010 at 8:18 pm
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida
254 articles 202 photos 945 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I feel that a hero is somebody who will stand up for their values and what they believe in and that can take any form. People that have values and have thought them through rather than those who just do what they’re told."-Skandar Keynes

"When it’

If that's what you want to believe, than fine. But the honest truth is that I care about you. I care about you enough to tell you what I believe. My faith is my life. And I want it to everyone's too. No. This isn't a game. I was never trying to make it be one. I was honestly telling you what I believe same as you were doing by posting this article. You obviously care enough about your beliefs to share them with the world. Well, so do I and I was starting with you.

jeanines GOLD said...
on May. 2 2010 at 7:54 pm
jeanines GOLD, Stony Point, New York
19 articles 0 photos 24 comments

Favorite Quote:
"the only thing to fear, is fear itself."- theodore roosevelt

alright u know what zada, i dont what is wrong with you now. i was trying to give you the benifit of the doubt and be kind to you and show you that i had found some faith left in me. but i guess this is just a freaking game to you, trying to help someone try and find "salvation" or whatever your tring to tell me. and i tried to treat you with respect in what you have said but this is it you need to stop because now. ur just disrespecting me as a whole. i dont know what your trying to pull here but honestly just stop. you cant change a person with your silly nieve words. because i know what real in my heart and thats all that matters to me. your honestly just one of those ignorant church-goers. you need to try and put yourself in other peoples shoes and understand what they view the world as, because thats being smart, thats being something good that "god would want 2 c his children do.

TheJust ELITE said...
on May. 2 2010 at 7:20 pm
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida
254 articles 202 photos 945 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I feel that a hero is somebody who will stand up for their values and what they believe in and that can take any form. People that have values and have thought them through rather than those who just do what they’re told."-Skandar Keynes

"When it’

I will, if you read my article "Why??"

jeanines GOLD said...
on May. 1 2010 at 9:27 am
jeanines GOLD, Stony Point, New York
19 articles 0 photos 24 comments

Favorite Quote:
"the only thing to fear, is fear itself."- theodore roosevelt

zada i want u to go to my profile and read one of my articles called "the way the cookie crumbles". i wrote this almost a month after i posted this artice "OMG?". and i found the truth that lies in the other article. and that truth is the fct that i dont need a god anymore, all i need is a higher power within myself and the universe. and it wasnt because of what u said that my mind has changed it was beacause for many years i have been in denail of what has happened in my past. and i blammed god for that. and for some things i have a reason to blame him but not everything. and my father who i love with everything in me helped me understand a true mening in life. which is to find the good in ppl. and the good in u is that u just want to express ur feelings. and the good in the other commenter that called u a "freek" is the he is just trying to help a friend. live to learn, learn to live. [this is going to b the last of my posts on this article]

jeanines GOLD said...
on May. 1 2010 at 9:15 am
jeanines GOLD, Stony Point, New York
19 articles 0 photos 24 comments

Favorite Quote:
"the only thing to fear, is fear itself."- theodore roosevelt

listen zada idk wat the other person was thinking to tell u the truth. but i undertsand that ur trying to speak ur opinon, and so am i. im just trying to express for once wat i thought i real to me. and because of the way u and other ppl react is excatly y ppl in many communities stay quiet. and not just over religon over being gay, depressed, afraid, etc. and alot of the time its because of waht religous ppl make them feel about it. and the way your portraying urself is almost like a jehovas witness, just saying

TheJust ELITE said...
on Apr. 30 2010 at 8:02 pm
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida
254 articles 202 photos 945 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I feel that a hero is somebody who will stand up for their values and what they believe in and that can take any form. People that have values and have thought them through rather than those who just do what they’re told."-Skandar Keynes

"When it’

First of all I never said I was offended. And I'm not. She never said anything to offend me. And thank you for calling me a freak. If standing up and telling people what I believe is me being a freak, then I'm proud to be one.

on Apr. 30 2010 at 7:31 am

ur just crazy zadarox. im catholic too and im not offended as much as you are. its jeanines opinion, shes entitled to one. and u cant take that away from her.

thumbs up jeanines

and how could u have been writiing before u cud write, u just dont make no sense, fareak.


TheJust ELITE said...
on Apr. 29 2010 at 8:18 pm
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida
254 articles 202 photos 945 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I feel that a hero is somebody who will stand up for their values and what they believe in and that can take any form. People that have values and have thought them through rather than those who just do what they’re told."-Skandar Keynes

"When it’

And I respect that, honest. But make the time at some point. You may not care much about "religion", but Jesus is my life. I care more about him than anything. And He's so important that I want to tell everyone. All I'm asking you to do is read it, the choice is up to you.