Chastity

Chastity means so many things. In the dictionary it means abstaining from intercourse until marriage. In the bible it is explained as “All the other sins a man commits are outside his own body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body.” The most important meaning is not what others have written for you, it is the meaning that you truly believe. Chastity means more than just abstinence. Chastity means asking God to help you make the right decisions. It means asking God to guide you through your thoughts, your words, and your actions every single moment you are faced with that challenge. I believe in Chastity, and everything it is about. I myself have a purity ring, and though I realize it’s not going to be easy, I realize it’s worth it. I realize that I’m worth it. I don’t want to throw my life away because of some stupid mistake, some stupid feeling. I don’t want it to happen because my peers are pressuring me. I want to be more than all that. I want to be a role model for others; I want to have that feeling of self-control, and willpower, knowing that I can do this, that I will do this. Once my Chastity is gone, it’s gone. There’s no way to turn back, no way to escape it. Chastity isn’t easy, but it’s possible with God’s help. When I am older I am going to be faced with many difficult challenges, and problems, but I know that I can do this, anybody can do anything if they have God by their side. I don’t want to be the girl that gets called names. The one that people will walk by in school hallways and know that I’m not worth something anymore. The girl that every one talks about behind their backs. I want to be the one that others look up to, the one parents, and friends both idolize. I’m not afraid to be myself, and if my “friends” can’t deal with it, then they aren’t my friends. A real friend would respect my beliefs, and my morals. They would always be there to back me up, and to help guide me through all the hard decisions that I know I am going to be faced with. I respect Chastity and I know I will need help, so now I pray:
Dear Mother of God,
strengthen my spirit, so that my actions,
my words and my life, may at all times
reflect purity, chasteness and love.
Amen.

Dustfingers This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 29, 2010 at 10:31 am
I feel like poeple get love and lust so commonly soncfused that they start relying on thier passion to love someone and that's what our teenagers are used to. When you save yourself for your husband you know that he's the man who's not only loving you with his passion but with everything he has

eileentotheleft replied...
Until you get a divorce.

Dustfingers This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 8, 2011 at 9:19 am
Well if you understand the true concept of marriage then divorce is not an option

eileentotheleft replied...
And yet more 3/5 of divorce end in divorce. Looks like the world is changing. I fully understand what marriage is, thank you.

eileentotheleft replied...
* 3/5 of marriage

Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:05 am
Lol not saying that you don't. I meant "you" as in anyone if you took it that way then it must apply to you then. Like I said if you fully understand the concept of marriage it won't matter what everyone else is doing. You won't even be looking at divorce rates because you will know that it does not apply to you or your spouse. unjustified divorce is a safety blanket for men and women who aren't strong enough to deal with the hand that's been dealt to them. People get di... (more »)

Julietbyheart said...
I agree. Once its gone what else do you have to give to the man you meet and wish you would have known he was your forever. Its important and it gives a girl a good feeling in her heart when she knows that her husband will really appreciate that.