If You Are Not Christian Why Would You Go To Hell?

I think that even if you are not christian,you will make it in heaven! How do we know if what the bible says is true? We don't really have a reliable source for that. And just because you are not a follower does not? mean you are not his children.If God truly created us equally, in some way, why would there need to be a reason for going to hell or to heaven? In god's eyes we are his children,and nothing can change that.You shouldn't always trust something you read. I mean how do we know that they are hiding the truth from us with this bible?? How do we know it's not all made up?

MakeItShine said...

The film Gladiator, directed by Ridley Scott, starring Russell Crowe, has an excellent quote: "What we do in life echoes in eternity." Obviously you believe in heaven, so there's no need for me to tell you that without an afterlife there is no meaning of life.

Moving on, then. You say everyone goes to heaven because God regards us equally. Cool. Can't wait to see Ted Bundy in heaven. You see, if there is a God (as there must be, when we assume there is a heaven), He is a just God ... (more »)

MakeItShine replied...
Oct. 5, 2011 at 7:41 pm :

That's horrible. I cannot see how anyone can accept such uncertainty, and meaninglessness. If the point of life is to "advance the human race," then I'd rather not live. Why should I advance something I have but 70 years to participate in? Why should it matter to me?

Besides that, what do you say to those who have "beyond the grave" experiences? Sure, many people are fanatics and I can accept that not all accounts will be wholly accurate, or totally true. But there are too many in... (more »)

ambnyc This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oct. 5, 2011 at 7:53 pm :

Yet there is an inherent flaw in your logic -- you cannot make up a solidly based opinion on the various theories of what are present. You cannot logically state, "I don't want to think there's nothing after death. Therefore there must be an afterlife!" with absolute certainty, because it is subjective. As for the "beyond the grave" experiences, I do not believe they have any credibility whatsoever. There's too many instances to ignore... that's like saying, "Well, between 75-95 percent of r.... (more »)

MakeItShine replied...
Oct. 5, 2011 at 8:07 pm :
On the contrary, you've misunderstood my "logic," if that's what you'd like to call it (it's more my philosophy than anything). "I don't want to think there's nothing after death" is definitely NOT why I believe in an afterlife, in eternal life or eternal damnation. Between beyond the grave experiences, the issue being a widely contemplated one, and my own conscience, I believe in an afterlife.

Let me ask you: do you believe in God? If so, WHY? There is evidence. There is logic. You ... (more »)

BlueRain replied...
Dec. 28, 2011 at 5:57 pm :
I think you misunderstand the point of living and dying. To continue the process of producing life, things have to grow and die, but in death there is life created. A forest fire burns down the forest but the ashes left over nourish the soil so that newer, younger, healthier trees grow. This is how nature works. Things on Earth are not meant to last forever, and just because they don't does not mean they are meaningless. In a way, things Do last forever, but not in the same form. Just because th... (more »)

BlueRain replied...
Dec. 28, 2011 at 6:04 pm :
Only a few hundred years ago people thought that we came sick because demons were inside us and the only way to make us better was to bring someone to drain the blood from their body. Which, if it did not kill them (which was most often the case), just made it worse. We did not have the scientific understanding of human healing processes to make correct decisions, and mostly anyone who did was proclaimed as a witch and burned for making solutions made of natural plant materials. Now that we have... (more »)

MakeItShine replied...
Dec. 29, 2011 at 9:27 am :
That's all very interesting. Are you a proclaimed Pantheist? It's true what you say about life...it does go on, and we have indeed made scientific progress in the past hundred years. But that wasn't my point at all. The fact is, WE (LIVING creatures) do not go on. If we die, are you going to tell me, with Mufasa in "The Lion King," that "our bodies become to grass, and the antelope eat the grass, and so we are all connected in the great circle of life"??? No. The reason that I believe in the... (more »)

Texas_Horsegirl said...
God your right! I've thought this all my life! :)

Rarity said...
Jul. 21, 2011 at 11:49 am:
Point is, you get the choice to believe it or not. Are you openminded, or do you just throw it away in blindness. I would suggest exploring the teachings of God before you make such a big decision, because if you really cared, you would want to know instead of just hoping you can do whatever you want and still end up in heaven because there wasn't any hard evidence supporting the Bible.

alexandria1124 replied...
Sept. 7, 2011 at 8:06 pm :
Am I allowed to say ditto?

andromeda13 replied...
Sept. 9, 2011 at 7:11 pm :
for me it's not that there isn't any hard evidence it doesn't doesn't feel right to me. i've tryed to open myself up to God and it has never felt right, Church is boring to me and when i prayed i just felt like an idiot talking to myself

alexandria1124 replied...
Sept. 10, 2011 at 1:05 pm :
Well, that's because God doesn't hear a sinners prayer (John 9:31). And church isn't supposed to be exciting, it's supposed to be time when you can join in fellowship with other Christians and learn more about God and your salvation.(:

Montserrat.Alvarenga replied...
Oct. 9, 2011 at 4:36 pm :
Are you kidding me! I love going to church and, at least for me, it is fun. I would suggest that  you try and look around for a church that you like. I know I haven't loved every single church I have been to.  Also in the Bible is says " You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." ~Jeremiah 29:13 If you go to church one time and just expect a miracle to happen then you are just wasting your time because it takes miracle size faith for miracles to happen. I hope ... (more »)

yoitsme said...
Jul. 3, 2011 at 5:25 pm:
Maybe what you mean by God valueing men over women is his rules. God says that Men should have authority over women. But that doesn't mean that men are better. If you look around you, even at people who aren't christians, you'll see that generally the people who follow the bible's advice are the most successful. Maybe you don't beleive the bible is true, but it does have good advice.

ZeeBYoung replied...
Jul. 5, 2011 at 3:58 am :
I personally don't see how those two are any different.

Annie.C replied...
Jul. 5, 2011 at 4:15 am :
Well... just because it's okay for someone to tell another what to do doesn't mean they are better... A teacher has authority over students... but that doesn't mean that she is better than them...

WishfulDoerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jul. 5, 2011 at 10:35 pm :
Personally I find that people who follow the country's -reasonable- laws and make an effort to be successful are successful, but whatever you say. And men have no right to have authority over women whatsoever.

ZeeBYoung replied...
Jul. 9, 2011 at 10:47 am :
I understand what your saying, but the difference is teachers have licensed authority, not to mention teachers (for the most part) are older than their students, and we should repsect our elders. But saying men have authority over women in general is still saying women need to be told what to do, because apparently we're inferior...

Jul. 9, 2011 at 7:08 pm :
Oh, nono, I wasn't referring to the comment above mine, I was commenting on the original comment by yoitsme. But yes, I agree with you.

johnjohn123 replied...
Aug. 6, 2011 at 2:13 pm :
ZeeBYoung...... you know you are stilll basically soounding really sextist 

shinjite replied...
Oct. 28, 2011 at 5:36 pm :
I honestly don't think that God values women any less than men, but men do seem to play a bit of a larger role. Jesus was God's son not daughter but they aren't valued any less.