If You Are Not Christian Why Would You Go To Hell?

I think that even if you are not christian,you will make it in heaven! How do we know if what the bible says is true? We don't really have a reliable source for that. And just because you are not a follower does not? mean you are not his children.If God truly created us equally, in some way, why would there need to be a reason for going to hell or to heaven? In god's eyes we are his children,and nothing can change that.You shouldn't always trust something you read. I mean how do we know that they are hiding the truth from us with this bible?? How do we know it's not all made up?

Liv297 said...
I think just because you're Christian doesn't mean you're headed to heaven, and just because you aren't christian doesn't mean you aren't headed to heaven. Where we end up eternally should not just be based upon our beliefs, but our personalitys and how we treat others

AriShine This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 11, 2012 at 11:47 am :
Yes Yes Yes! Personally, I don't believe in hell, but if I did, I agree that our beliefs would have nothing to do with it.

Chitra.I This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sept. 17, 2011 at 1:30 am:

I agree! The Bible is supposed to be something of a art piece, every line is what YOU make of it. We have generalised and prejudiced views of everything. 

Check out my article, it kinda relates to yours. It's called Agnosticism and Morality.

Pumpkinscout said...
I think if you love other people and are kind you will go to heaven even if you aren't Christian. I mean, when it all boils down, most of the major religions in the world all teach love and kindness to other people and animals.  Still this is a tough topic because what if someone does not believe there is heaven? I guess we can't know if there is till we die...

Katie1234 said...

If what Christians believe is NOT real, then no one has anything to worry about. We'll just be bodies in the ground. However, if what Christains believe is true... If I believe is true, you have a lot to worry about. 

We are posed with a choice. Believe in what Christ did for you, or don't. I just pose the question to you that if you died tonight, do you know where you'll be? The Bible is clear. There is only one way in to Heaven Through Jesus. And you are either for... (more »)

andromeda13 replied...
Sept. 9, 2011 at 7:09 pm :
does it ever come to your attention that we DO know what the Bible says and that the fact that it says that doesn't change anything? backing things up with what the Bible says isn't a very strong argument.

A_Fate_UnknownThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jan. 2, 2012 at 9:56 pm :
i know where I'll be. dead and buried in the ground.

Katie1234 replied...
Jan. 2, 2012 at 10:28 pm :
It changes everything because it is the word of God. I would rather lean on that than man any day.

MakeItShine said...

The film Gladiator, directed by Ridley Scott, starring Russell Crowe, has an excellent quote: "What we do in life echoes in eternity." Obviously you believe in heaven, so there's no need for me to tell you that without an afterlife there is no meaning of life.

Moving on, then. You say everyone goes to heaven because God regards us equally. Cool. Can't wait to see Ted Bundy in heaven. You see, if there is a God (as there must be, when we assume there is a heaven), He is a just God ... (more »)

ambnyc This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Sept. 30, 2011 at 3:50 pm :
"Without an afterlife there is no meaning of life?" What? That's a subjective statement and not true at all. I don't think backing it up with a quote from a movie really helps either.

MakeItShine replied...
Oct. 1, 2011 at 9:06 am :
The point, dear, is that without something beyond the grave there is no point to life. We do not live, and then die. It's illogical. Why do you think philosophers, and common man alike have constantly struggled with the question: what comes after this? Because it haunts humanity! How can we live for 60 years, die, and be no more? Life HAS TO COUNT for something. So, yeah, maybe I backed my point up with a quote. But only because I thought for the average thinker it would suffice. Apparently not.

Oct. 5, 2011 at 7:32 pm :
I see where you're coming from. For a long time I thought similarly. But of course humans fear death; it is the only thing we cannot comprehend... and if believing in a God and eternal life offers you comfort, so be it. The point of life, as it has been since the dawn of mankind, is to advance the human race... an afterlife not existing cannot be deemed illogical based on an inability to comprehend the nature of eternal oblivion. Here, this is what really got me thinking about it - Benjamin Fra... (more »)

MakeItShine replied...
Oct. 5, 2011 at 7:41 pm :

That's horrible. I cannot see how anyone can accept such uncertainty, and meaninglessness. If the point of life is to "advance the human race," then I'd rather not live. Why should I advance something I have but 70 years to participate in? Why should it matter to me?

Besides that, what do you say to those who have "beyond the grave" experiences? Sure, many people are fanatics and I can accept that not all accounts will be wholly accurate, or totally true. But there are too many in... (more »)

Oct. 5, 2011 at 7:53 pm :

Yet there is an inherent flaw in your logic -- you cannot make up a solidly based opinion on the various theories of what are present. You cannot logically state, "I don't want to think there's nothing after death. Therefore there must be an afterlife!" with absolute certainty, because it is subjective. As for the "beyond the grave" experiences, I do not believe they have any credibility whatsoever. There's too many instances to ignore... that's like saying, "Well, between 75-95 percent of r.... (more »)

MakeItShine replied...
Oct. 5, 2011 at 8:07 pm :
On the contrary, you've misunderstood my "logic," if that's what you'd like to call it (it's more my philosophy than anything). "I don't want to think there's nothing after death" is definitely NOT why I believe in an afterlife, in eternal life or eternal damnation. Between beyond the grave experiences, the issue being a widely contemplated one, and my own conscience, I believe in an afterlife.

Let me ask you: do you believe in God? If so, WHY? There is evidence. There is logic. You ... (more »)

BlueRain replied...
Dec. 28, 2011 at 5:57 pm :
I think you misunderstand the point of living and dying. To continue the process of producing life, things have to grow and die, but in death there is life created. A forest fire burns down the forest but the ashes left over nourish the soil so that newer, younger, healthier trees grow. This is how nature works. Things on Earth are not meant to last forever, and just because they don't does not mean they are meaningless. In a way, things Do last forever, but not in the same form. Just because th... (more »)

BlueRain replied...
Dec. 28, 2011 at 6:04 pm :
Only a few hundred years ago people thought that we came sick because demons were inside us and the only way to make us better was to bring someone to drain the blood from their body. Which, if it did not kill them (which was most often the case), just made it worse. We did not have the scientific understanding of human healing processes to make correct decisions, and mostly anyone who did was proclaimed as a witch and burned for making solutions made of natural plant materials. Now that we have... (more »)

MakeItShine replied...
Dec. 29, 2011 at 9:27 am :
That's all very interesting. Are you a proclaimed Pantheist? It's true what you say about life...it does go on, and we have indeed made scientific progress in the past hundred years. But that wasn't my point at all. The fact is, WE (LIVING creatures) do not go on. If we die, are you going to tell me, with Mufasa in "The Lion King," that "our bodies become to grass, and the antelope eat the grass, and so we are all connected in the great circle of life"??? No. The reason that I believe in the... (more »)

Texas_Horsegirl said...
God your right! I've thought this all my life! :)

Rarity said...
Jul. 21, 2011 at 11:49 am:
Point is, you get the choice to believe it or not. Are you openminded, or do you just throw it away in blindness. I would suggest exploring the teachings of God before you make such a big decision, because if you really cared, you would want to know instead of just hoping you can do whatever you want and still end up in heaven because there wasn't any hard evidence supporting the Bible.