If You Are Not Christian Why Would You Go To Hell?

I think that even if you are not christian,you will make it in heaven! How do we know if what the bible says is true? We don't really have a reliable source for that. And just because you are not a follower does not? mean you are not his children.If God truly created us equally, in some way, why would there need to be a reason for going to hell or to heaven? In god's eyes we are his children,and nothing can change that.You shouldn't always trust something you read. I mean how do we know that they are hiding the truth from us with this bible?? How do we know it's not all made up?

TheEarlofZerces said...
Nov. 5, 2011 at 10:37 am:
The rules for Scrabble don't apply to those who play Monopoly.

bemark12 replied...
Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:30 am :
But the rules of Monopoly apply to Monopoly, even if one is thoroughly convinced they're playing Scrabble.

TheEarlofZerces replied...
Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:18 am :
Actually Monopoly was a metaphor for agnosticism/atheism, while it was Scrabble that was for Christianity. However you seem to have switched them around. Also, of course Scrabble-players are going to tell you that you have to play Scrabble, because they want as many people as they can get to play their game. But there are other games in the toybox, there have been since the dawn of time. To only think that Scrabble is the sole viable option is incredibly close-minded, and besides, we're forgetti... (more »)

LoudDreamer replied...
Nov. 14, 2011 at 3:07 pm :
An athiest who never wondered if there was a God, who attempted to find out wether on not there was one when he did wonder, and lived life according to the natrual laws that everyone knows because they are common sense will go to heaven because it would not have been possible for someone of there cercomstances to do anything better. Someone who, out of a misguided but sinsire beleif, defies the natural laws would not be held accountalbe provided he had no way of knowing ... (more »)

TheEarlofZerces replied...
Nov. 14, 2011 at 3:14 pm :
Jolly good, jolly good.

BlueRain replied...
Dec. 28, 2011 at 9:49 am :
I agree with that philosophy.

Sara K replied...
Jan. 11, 2012 at 8:42 pm :
but we're not playing monopoly or scrabble. we're playing Life and while you can certainly try to play Life with monopoly rules, you aren't going to win (or even make it out of the gate).

The_Earl_of_Zerces replied...
Jan. 12, 2012 at 6:57 am :
Says who? Says you? Says the one who is playing by the rules of Scrabble? Are Scrabble and Monopoly really that different in the end? Sure, they both have different pieces and objectives and even rules, but in the end they're both equally capable of achieving fun and entertainment. Like with religions, they're all different, but in the end, they're all capable of achieving self-actualization, which is what every human hopes to attain, whether through organized religion, internal intuition, empir... (more »)

bemark12 said...

Well, I think you have to back up your own point, personally. You can criticize the Christian basis for Hell, but then you have to provide your own basis for a universal Heaven. How do you know that we are all God's children in his eyes? Where is your evidence for that point?

Personally, I would encourage you to explore the Bible's authenticity. I believe there is good evidence to believe that the Bible is faithful to the events it claims to record. You might disagree with me after exa... (more »)

BlueRain replied...
Feb. 25, 2012 at 1:43 pm :
And equally, if there is no God, or the bible is not the truth, it wouldn't change just because you can't acknowledge it. The possibility is equal on both sides. If the bible is true, then your opinion shouldn't change just because people don't like it. If you absolutely believe it to be true, then follow it, but there are those who absolutely believe it to be false. They both have credible reasons, considering that the bible wasn't even written in English (the language we are speaking now), it ... (more »)

kirisutowoshinjite said...

I know what the bible says is true because the word of God is living. There are many proofs to my faith. For example, the supernatural love that I feel from God. Love like that isn't just a dream. It's not of the imagination. We are God's children, but Hell is eternal separation from God. If we chose to be separated from God on earth, than so shall we be forever. My personal belief is that if you are Jewish or some other nonchristian faith that believes in God, then He doesn't love you any le... (more »)

BlueRain replied...
Dec. 28, 2011 at 9:53 am :
People who don't believe in God don't really choose to be separated. It's kind of like having a card marked "Separate" and a card marked "Not Separate", and then those cards are covered by cups and are mixed around and we have to choose which one. We don't know which one is better, but we're going in blind because we don't know which one is true or even which is where. Christians may claim that by joining them you are relieving them of blindness, but it gives you a different kind of blindness.

BlueRain replied...
Feb. 25, 2012 at 1:52 pm :
Life is about choosing which cup you want. Hopefully, maybe there is no separate. Maybe everyone's path leads there, and the ultimate goal of life is to understand that diversity, even in religion, will not be punished but encouraged. Maybe That is men's true sin, to not allow diversity. Maybe that is the path God wants us to discover, how to live with one another and celebrate our different viewpoints. Diversity can bring chaos only because men have not trully accpeted how to live with people w... (more »)

dolphin13 said...
There are other historic records about the people in the Bible. How do you know that it isn't true? Do you have any proof against it? God loves everyone of us and wants us to be with him in heaven, but we sin and there is a consequence for sin. Parents punish their children for their wrongdoing, but it doesn't mean that they don't love them. It is out of love that we are punished.

dolphin13 replied...
Oct. 28, 2011 at 4:33 pm :
oh and God sent us a savior so that way we still can be with him in heaven, all we have to do is believe. Really, what do we have to lose?

BlueRain replied...
Dec. 28, 2011 at 9:58 am :
With the Christian's theory we are relying on people who lived thousands of years ago. Whether you will admit it or not, the bible is a book, maybe to some a very special book, but a book just the same. It was written by men, human men, and so when you say you trust in God, you are really saying you trust in those men, because they could be telling the truth or they could have just made up those stories. Yes, some of it has been proved, such as the existence of Jesus, but that doesn't prove that... (more »)

big zach 33 said...
Oct. 26, 2011 at 10:55 am:
i think if ur not a cristian and if u do ask for forgivenness you will go to heaven but u have to forgive ur sins

dolphin13 replied...
Oct. 28, 2011 at 4:35 pm :
but by asking for forgiveness than you are acknowledging that there is a God who can take away your sins.

Daphne said...

Unfortunately, humans are sinful by nature. No matter how hard we try, we still do bad things. There is no amount of good that we can do to make up for our sinful nature. The only way to get to heaven is to believe in Jesus Christ, who sacificed himself to redeem us from our sins.

dolphin13 replied...
Oct. 28, 2011 at 4:35 pm :
I agree with you 100%! :) Jesus is the best!

StarryRoss said...
I'm a Catholic and i go to Catholic School and i will definitely be the first to stand up and say anyone who threatens you with going to hell, (whether it be for your actions, or the fact that you're not Christian) is delusional. Any priest that says that is downright delusional, and it brings a bad name to Catholics and Christians because that isn't what our religion teaches at all but there are those few rotten apples that ruin it for everybody. Shame on those who made people think guil... (more »)