If You Are Not Christian Why Would You Go To Hell?

I think that even if you are not christian,you will make it in heaven! How do we know if what the bible says is true? We don't really have a reliable source for that. And just because you are not a follower does not? mean you are not his children.If God truly created us equally, in some way, why would there need to be a reason for going to hell or to heaven? In god's eyes we are his children,and nothing can change that.You shouldn't always trust something you read. I mean how do we know that they are hiding the truth from us with this bible?? How do we know it's not all made up?

toxic.monkey said...
my belief is that the bible is a collection of tall tales. tall tales are stories where hyperbole has been applied heavily by the way the story is first passed on- word of mouth. basically people were talking about this man who did this thing but they blew everything up. i'm pretty sure that jesus existed, that he told people about not killing and everything. i also happen to think that moses lived, and buddha certainly lived, and mohammed did too. i don't think there's use in trying to prove th... (more »)

Kelz1141This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 26, 2010 at 2:38 pm :
She obviously wasn't talking about buddah and mohammed being in the Bible. She was giving some aspects from different religions. So instead of getting Snappy with people why don't you try truely listening to them.

PurpleFeather replied...
Apr. 28, 2010 at 3:21 pm :
actually, she made it sound like buddha and mohammed were in the Bible bc the whole comment was about the Bible, and she mentioned moses before she mentioned them. so excuse me for being human and making a mistake.

toxic.monkey replied...
May 2, 2010 at 12:43 pm :
@ kelz1141: thanks for defending me:P :)

May 12, 2010 at 2:32 pm :

It's okay purplefeather it's possible God will forgive you and you won't be sent to Hell, but I'd get an extra prayer in there just in case.

Your welcome toxic.monkey =)

May 12, 2010 at 2:35 pm :

It's okay purplefeather it's possible God might forgive you and you won't be sent to Hell but i would get in an extra prayer just in case.

Your welcome toxic.monkey =)

Jkrissy95 said...

Believing in the bible is like believing in history: believing in primary and secondary source accounts on times wen no one could record things. if u bellieve in history tharez no excuse to not believe the bible. just cuz it says things you dont wanna hear or that you dont agree with doesnt make it a joke or untrue.

Believing in anything takes faith. its just ware u place that faith that determines wut u do or dont believe. humans have freewill, so u are able to believe in wutwver you ... (more »)

agforever replied...
Apr. 14, 2010 at 7:07 pm :

You do know that the bible has been edited and changed thousands of times throughout history, right? You don't have to believe in the bible to believe in history. The 'history' may be just made up from a change. 

And whenever you read the bible, notice that they do not say many things about females. If god created us all equal, then shouldn't there be more references to old women in the bible. Shouldn't women be allowed to become priests? There are many contradictions in... (more »)

Jkrissy95 replied...
Apr. 24, 2010 at 6:36 am :

the words have translated to ways easier for, lets say children to understand in children bibles. there are many different version all saying the same thing just using simpler words to get the message through.

religion of any type or aetheism is basically having faith in something that not many other people believe. and the torah is the first half of the bible. the new tesament is jesus' life on earth, the stories of his followers and desciples.

the bible says man... (more »)

PurpleFeather replied...
Apr. 28, 2010 at 3:23 pm :
yeah, it was edited, but only bc it was translated so that we could understand it. and the torah and other forms of the Bible are considered "changed" bc the people who follow those versions believe something different than what Christians believed.

LeannaRose said...

Yes, God all created us equally, however He also gave us a choice. The choice to Love and live for Him, or to disobey Him. Those who follow Him will make it into heaven. However, if one chooses not to, they have to be punished into hell.

You should take the time to read my article 'standing out what makes me different' and give me your thoughts. thank you.

Leanna

bltsoccerchick replied...
Apr. 28, 2010 at 4:46 pm :

Amen! I believe that God created us equally. It says in John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whomever believes in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life." I believe this, and I have absolutley NOTHING against the author of this article. I'll admit, that I've thought about some  of these things myself, and what it comes down to for me, is we all have a choice to make, and no one can make it for us. If we follow Him, He will make our path... (more »)

fictionlover10 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Everyone please stop bashing each other! This is her own opinion, not open season on who's right or wrong. Yes, the Bible has been proven in many ways, but who proved it? Atheists? Scientists who are hardcore Christians? We can't say something's true because someone proved it (and I'm religious, too, I'm just saying). We don't know anything God's planning until we die and see it firsthand.

kirbybug replied...
May 10, 2010 at 1:59 pm :
thank you fictionlover10!! personally im a christian and i stated my opinion but i dont want to bash anyone or force my believes on someone! if they have /'s great ill enlighten them but u believe wat u believe and ill believe wat i believe!!

EMERY said...
Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:49 am:
I can't take this article seriously. Your lack of maturity and the ability to use the shift key distract me from any valid point you may be trying to make. lrn2type

toxic.monkey replied...
Apr. 10, 2010 at 12:26 pm :
EMERY, I think you should learn about being nice to people and not taking out your own bad mood on others.

EMERY replied...
Apr. 11, 2010 at 11:15 pm :

Open up MS Word or Open Office and use the spell checker and grammar check before posting an essay on a public website. It's really not that hard.

And I wasn't in a bad mood. I was being honest, fair, and critical. I'd love to read your essay and have a mature discussion if you'd just check your grammar and spelling.

PurpleFeather replied...
Apr. 28, 2010 at 3:25 pm :
I agree with you, EMERY. And toxic.monkey, she was only trying to offer valid advice on how to make an argument presentable.

toxic.monkey replied...
May 2, 2010 at 12:41 pm :
Yes but instead of sounding stuck up Emery could just say "Check your spelling". Bad spelling is frustrating but that's absolutely no reason to act like you're so much better than the author of the piece.

EMERY replied...
May 2, 2010 at 12:51 pm :
Oh, come off it now. Have you ever actually had anyone seriously critique anything that you've ever written? I can guess that you've not by what you say, but then again, you may just be that perfect. I'm supplying some harsh, but true critique for one of my peers. Calm yourself down.

toxic.monkey replied...
May 9, 2010 at 11:33 am :
I don't see how anyone commenting (or rather not commenting) on my work affects the way you state your comments. May you please explain that, Young Mistress Emery?