Sometimes Nothing Is Enough | Teen Ink

Sometimes Nothing Is Enough

March 28, 2016
By Anonymous

Maybe someday I’ll write something that the person on the other side will gasp in wonder how someone can think like that. Maybe someday my words will gather enough courage to get out of this computer window and change this world. But till then , I remain caged in this world where I strive to be someone who can gather a few pennies together. My parents made me think that.


Yes , Today we live in this world , where a student can’t gather enough courage to pursue her talent because  money has become so supreme that it rules the   minds of people. The people you see on television , the people who make you think differently , well , they are a mirage. You are caged to live to be a person who need to gather money for being independent. My mother believes in futureteller , yes , she is an educated women who teaches maths to class 10th , but then , it is what it is. The futureteller told her that I’ll get married at the age of 30 , so now she wants me to become a doctor so that I can waste time by studying till that time comes. Anybody pursuing  humanities , my mother thinks you’ll be getting married off at 21. Well it may even be true. If whatever I wrote seems totally bizarre or out of the world, welome to the 21st century India. People sure have broader mindsets but still the reason behind it is small and pathetic.


The author's comments:

Something about society norms I would never understand.