The Flag | Teen Ink

The Flag

November 6, 2015
By vogtk1 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
vogtk1 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
4 articles 2 photos 0 comments

It doesn't matter where you came from, if you live in America, once you are an American you're always an American.


We can potentially do anything because we're Americans and we have the right to fight for freedom. The Flag also means safety because I know our country can withstand though hard times. My grandpa was in the Air Force and has taken a knife to his chest for this country and will always be reminded of that by the scars, and know that he more than paid his dues to this country. Americas one of the best places to live because of these reasons. I'm writing this to speak out for the country I believe that is a peaceful place to live and learn from.
The 13 stripes stand for the 13 colonies, the 50 stars stand for the 50 states, that's what the flag means. By living here I know I'm safe and I can count on my country to keep it safe for me and the people to live here and to ever live. We put countless hours into our army and training. The media show us this through the news and TV.


The flag shows me privileges and opportunities because it stands for freedom, justice and self-government. The colors on the flag signify hardiness and valor; blue, the color of the chief; signifies vigilance, perseverance and justice. The stars are a symbol of the heavens and the divine goal to which man has aspired from the time immemorial; the stripes are symbolic of the rays of lights emanating from the sun.