Ego Issues! | Teen Ink

Ego Issues!

October 4, 2015
By Saleha SILVER, Karachi, Other
Saleha SILVER, Karachi, Other
7 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
It is both a blessing and a curse to feel everything so very deeply.


What is ego? Ego is defined as an opinion that you have about yourself. Its not about giving yourself the respect what you deserve, but its about thinking that you are capable of more than you deserve and taking pride in the good deeds you do!

There is a massive difference between ego and self-respect that one must know. A positive sense of self have a good impact, but excess of everything is harmful, this positive sense when exceeds then makes a person self-centered and egotistical. In my opinion, every single person on this earth is born with this trait but very few know how to have a control over it. We have often seen narcissists, who are pompous and always willing to get praise even for the tiniest things they do. On the other hand, there are people who hide all the negativity from their face but deep down in their heart there is this disease: EGO. They sometimes feel superior from others and unwittingly say something in which they show themselves belonging to a high position. The irony is that they don't even know that this disease ego has been enrooted in themselves. The question arises that is there any litmus test? Yes there is. We first need to figure this disease out. How would we figure it out? In our daily conversations, we must be compose enough to listen and implement on others opinions rather than preferring on ours. For example; If you discuss how an event should be organized with your mates and your idea isn't appreciated. So, if in this case, you feel offended and insecure then it means you have a big ego problem. Also how should we fix it? The most simplest remedy is to admit this disease and let it all go. One should sacrifice his ego for living a better life. This is the only way to humble ourselves and kill our ego.