Education: Jail or Freedom? | Teen Ink

Education: Jail or Freedom?

March 31, 2015
By EmotionVsMind BRONZE, Lafayette, Louisiana
EmotionVsMind BRONZE, Lafayette, Louisiana
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Sometimes we need it to be cold outside just to feel the warmth of our hearts again."


When my classmates compare school go jail, a rush of heat goes down my cheeks. I get infuriated at the fact people can be so unthankful. Did you know that across the globe there are people who, if they can write or attend school at all, will be killed? People KILL others because they are educated. Education is worth dying for to people who are not born into this privilege. Now tell me that doesn’t say anything. Oh, you don’t like being bored? Pay attention and pull through highschool so you can get a degree in wherever your heart is and you will never work a day in your life if you enjoy it. Oh, you don’t enjoy uniforms? Get educated to where you’re your own boss and you won’t have to wear a single uniform after high school; but drop out and you’ll be wearing one your entire life. From a the shirt with Golden Arches and a clown on them, to possibly a striped jumpsuit. Education is the gift that made you capable of reading this message.


At school, you have classmates.
Not inmates.
At school, you have holiday breaks.
Not probation.
Keep it that way.