How to Live | Teen Ink

How to Live

October 14, 2012
By Anonymous

OK so heres the thing, everyone in the world wants the same thing. We all wanna be loved. We all wanna be successful and rich. We all wanna be popular...but for real? Think about it...it's soooo stupid. I mean come on, when you die, at your funeral, is what you want people saying "Oh, she's so pretty." "Oh, everyone loved her." or "Oh, she was so rich." If it is, that is just sad. In the end, that isn't worth it. None of this is. You just have to enjoy the ride that life is. Take your days one step at a time, don't look back, but don't forget your mistakes-learn from them. Say I LOVE YOU as much as you can, because you never know how much someone needs it. Don't cry, because you never know who is falling in love with your smile. Cliche? Maybe. But it is sooooo true. If at the end of your lifetime your friends think about you and smile, then its all been worth it. The Blood, Sweat, Tears...it has all made you a better person in the end. The world is full of cynics and bastards...don't let them get you down. Live life like a party, and never be afraid to let your dreams come true.

You all may be wondering why I'm writing this. When I was fourteen, I attempted suicide, and now with this whole Amanda Todd thing,(RIP) I feel like I have a responsibility to reach out to people, because I was luchky to have friends who reached out to help me. So if you're feeling down, remember, I LOVE YOU. I THINK YOU'RE SPECIAL. YOU ARE IMPORTANT TO ME, AND YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL. And if you ever need to talk, don't be afraid to. That's the whole purpose of this piece. I'm sorry it's ranting, but for reals...this is ridiculous. Noone should feel they need to kill themselves. There is always something to live for. ALWAYS.

With Love,

NICKY<3