Are we really connected?

Social networking sites and chatting via internet have shrunk the football sized world to a walnut. But if we seem to be moving toward unfettered union, we could also be seen as being more isolated than we’ve ever been before. Communication Technology has now contributed paradoxically to an actual lessening of live human contact, for instance, shopping from home becomes easier than driving to the store and speaking with a clerk. Folks, don’t reckon that I am against tech. I am perfectly aware of the numerous benefits comm.tech has bestowed upon us, but it’s important to sort out the venom it spreads.

”The right partner’s waiting for u; what r u waiting for?” inquire the ads for online dating services. The ritual of dating, which once involved awkward blushes and vulnerable situations might become sterilized. As people become more alienated from face-2-face human contact, they reach out more desperately for friendship in d only place they feel comfortable -‘online’. We are surrounded by appeals 2 join d 21st century, but the very tech is offering only a substitute which is a false notion of tightly-knit community. In place of real human interaction we now have what might be called as “virtual relationships”.

Lizzy31This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sept. 10, 2012 at 8:39 am:
I  agree with you to a large extent but  can't say that social networking site are not at all useful. All we have to do is use them in a reasonable way  . AS the saying goes overdose of anything is bad.

realbeautifulheart said...
Jul. 17, 2012 at 4:07 pm:
I agree, though I contradict my thoughts with my actions of constantly connecting to the web. And, off topic, YOU'RE AN AUSSIE??? I got lots of fam from Australia and NZ. Yeah! - more high fives - ☺

alex27 replied...
Jul. 18, 2012 at 2:18 am :
lol yeah i'm an aussie :) *high fives* thanks for your comment :)

PurpleOreo said...
Jul. 14, 2012 at 2:31 am:

Haha nice! Great job!! This made me laugh. Thanks. Well written

alex27 replied...
Jul. 14, 2012 at 11:21 am :
made you laugh? haha

hypermagical said...
May 23, 2012 at 5:59 pm:
I think this is very well written, and I agree with you for the most part, but I think maybe there should be more.

Lacer said...
May 15, 2012 at 9:46 pm:
You have no holes in your logic, but that's because your stance is pretty neutral ground. I understand all your points, and I am also interested in them, but if your purpose is persuasion, you have to push one way or another a little harder. You have to make clear the boundaries that should be set for comm.tech, and if people don't agree with you, that's natural.
Your points are powerful, but don't make enough of a stance. Make a sharper point, unless your just trying to incite debate, whic... (more »)

Kylah said...
May 12, 2012 at 12:39 pm:
This is a very universally debated topic. Nice job!

alex27 replied...
May 13, 2012 at 3:37 am :
yeah they had one in my skl too :)

Smile-And-Wave-Boys. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 5, 2012 at 5:24 pm:
You make a very true point, and I'm glad you added you're opinion, but it seems too brief. It seems you're just feeding us facts. Maybe next time, try to make your writing engage more with the reader, if that makes sense :D. But still, I agree with everything here, well done, keep writing!

alex27 replied...
May 5, 2012 at 5:58 pm :
thanks smile and ya i'll make sure i'll improvise next time around

AlaskanGirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 5, 2012 at 5:18 pm:
2 thumbs up (I would put more thumbs up but that is all I have)

alex27 replied...
May 5, 2012 at 5:54 pm :

thanks laska...

LoveEternally said...
May 4, 2012 at 6:07 pm:
I totally agree with your article. You make a great point. Great job!! :D

alex27 replied...
May 5, 2012 at 8:39 am :
thanks... it means a lot

vladimerbleeds said...
May 4, 2012 at 1:07 pm:

wow, now thats something i can relate to, awesome work!

alex27 replied...
May 4, 2012 at 1:14 pm :
thanks vlad

ritmaman said...
May 3, 2012 at 7:30 pm:
you really do need to watch out where youre going nowadays. its just too easy to get drawn into nonsense. its a big world after all.

alex27 replied...
May 3, 2012 at 9:04 pm :
ya rit. thanks anyway 

JustPaperAndPencil said...
May 2, 2012 at 6:44 pm:
This is sooo true! It's really good! I agree with you 100% Good job! (: