Are we really connected? | Teen Ink

Are we really connected?

By alex_kiteflyer BRONZE, Darwin, Other
alex_kiteflyer BRONZE, Darwin, Other

"You can either be a cop or a criminal, but when you're facing a loaded gun what's the difference?"

Social networking sites and chatting via internet have shrunk the football sized world to a walnut. But if we seem to be moving toward unfettered union, we could also be seen as being more isolated than we’ve ever been before. Communication Technology has now contributed paradoxically to an actual lessening of live human contact, for instance, shopping from home becomes easier than driving to the store and speaking with a clerk. Folks, don’t reckon that I am against tech. I am perfectly aware of the numerous benefits comm.tech has bestowed upon us, but it’s important to sort out the venom it spreads.

”The right partner’s waiting for u; what r u waiting for?” inquire the ads for online dating services. The ritual of dating, which once involved awkward blushes and vulnerable situations might become sterilized. As people become more alienated from face-2-face human contact, they reach out more desperately for friendship in d only place they feel comfortable -‘online’. We are surrounded by appeals 2 join d 21st century, but the very tech is offering only a substitute which is a false notion of tightly-knit community. In place of real human interaction we now have what might be called as “virtual relationships”.

This may sound crazy but this will happen for sure sooner or later unless we get a grip on ourselves.

on May. 3 2012 at 12:50 am
alex_kiteflyer BRONZE, Darwin, Other

thanks and ya i shall check out urs

on May. 3 2012 at 12:47 am
alex_kiteflyer BRONZE, Darwin, Other

thanks that means a lot 2 me

JustPaperAndPencil BRONZE, Milford, Ohio

The saddest thing in the world, is loving someone who used to love you.

This is sooo true! It's really good! I agree with you 100% Good job! (:

overexposed PLATINUM, Davie, Florida

When you compare the sorrows of real life to the pleasures of the imaginary one, you will never want to live again, only to dream forever.

This is so true! People nowadays are cutting the chord on human contact that is necessary in forming true, honest relationships. I loved the use of internet slang throughout, it really emphasized your point. Great job! 

Check out my work? c:

alex_kiteflyer BRONZE, Darwin, Other

yeah sis.. i'm just warning against addiction

alex_kiteflyer BRONZE, Darwin, Other

thanks maddy

Just-Another-Girl GOLD, Keighley, Other

- "A coward may survive...but a hero..a hero lives on in the hearts of the people he saved"

- "Words don't have the power to hurt people, unless the person who said it means a lot"

-
You say that love is nonsense. I tell you it is no such thing._

Amazing broo .. But aint that what you doinhg on here? Socialising via the tinterweb????

alex_kiteflyer BRONZE, Darwin, Other

yeah !! it indeed is a hot topic for a debate :)

madlinejoy SILVER, Deale, Maryland

let go and let God
"Love is not an emotion but a choice"

stated your point well good job

madlinejoy SILVER, Deale, Maryland

let go and let God
"Love is not an emotion but a choice"

we are working on the proper elements of debate in school and this has all of them you stated your point well

on May. 1 2012 at 12:09 am
alex_kiteflyer BRONZE, Darwin, Other

thanks bud..

Kestrel PLATINUM, Warrenton, Virginia

-There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy. (Shakespeare, Hamlet)

I completely agree with all of this! Well said, Alex27. :-)