Are we really connected? | Teen Ink

Are we really connected?

By alex_kiteflyer BRONZE, Darwin, Other
alex_kiteflyer BRONZE, Darwin, Other

"You can either be a cop or a criminal, but when you're facing a loaded gun what's the difference?"

Social networking sites and chatting via internet have shrunk the football sized world to a walnut. But if we seem to be moving toward unfettered union, we could also be seen as being more isolated than we’ve ever been before. Communication Technology has now contributed paradoxically to an actual lessening of live human contact, for instance, shopping from home becomes easier than driving to the store and speaking with a clerk. Folks, don’t reckon that I am against tech. I am perfectly aware of the numerous benefits comm.tech has bestowed upon us, but it’s important to sort out the venom it spreads.

”The right partner’s waiting for u; what r u waiting for?” inquire the ads for online dating services. The ritual of dating, which once involved awkward blushes and vulnerable situations might become sterilized. As people become more alienated from face-2-face human contact, they reach out more desperately for friendship in d only place they feel comfortable -‘online’. We are surrounded by appeals 2 join d 21st century, but the very tech is offering only a substitute which is a false notion of tightly-knit community. In place of real human interaction we now have what might be called as “virtual relationships”.

This may sound crazy but this will happen for sure sooner or later unless we get a grip on ourselves.

Lizzy31 SILVER said...
on Sep. 10 2012 at 8:39 am
Lizzy31 SILVER, Lkow, Other

Everything that is beautiful is not always good but everything that is good is always beautiful

I  agree with you to a large extent but  can't say that social networking site are not at all useful. All we have to do is use them in a reasonable way  . AS the saying goes overdose of anything is bad.

on Jul. 18 2012 at 2:18 am
alex_kiteflyer BRONZE, Darwin, Other

lol yeah i'm an aussie :) *high fives* thanks for your comment :)

on Jul. 17 2012 at 4:07 pm
realbeautifulheart PLATINUM, Livermore, California

"Life is a package that you have to sign for. Yes, it's free. No, there's no guarantee as to what it holds. Open with caution, it's 'FRAGILE'." (I made this up.)

I agree, though I contradict my thoughts with my actions of constantly connecting to the web. And, off topic, YOU'RE AN AUSSIE??? I got lots of fam from Australia and NZ. Yeah! - more high fives - ☺

on Jul. 14 2012 at 11:21 am
alex_kiteflyer BRONZE, Darwin, Other

made you laugh? haha

on Jul. 14 2012 at 2:31 am
PurpOreos SILVER, Macomb, Michigan

Keep smiling...Because life is a beautiful thing. And there is so much to smile about!
"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing" Benjamin Franklin

Haha nice! Great job!! This made me laugh. Thanks. Well written

hypermagical said...
on May. 23 2012 at 5:59 pm
hypermagical, Indianapolis, Indiana

You can quote me on that.

I think this is very well written, and I agree with you for the most part, but I think maybe there should be more.

Lacer GOLD said...
on May. 15 2012 at 9:46 pm
Lacer GOLD, Highland Village, Texas

The thing about philosophy is that it often runs dry when thought of so shallowly.

You have no holes in your logic, but that's because your stance is pretty neutral ground. I understand all your points, and I am also interested in them, but if your purpose is persuasion, you have to push one way or another a little harder. You have to make clear the boundaries that should be set for comm.tech, and if people don't agree with you, that's natural.
Your points are powerful, but don't make enough of a stance. Make a sharper point, unless your just trying to incite debate, which you do very well, or just make people ponder over this topic, which you also do very well, and which can also be more powerful than debate.

on May. 13 2012 at 3:37 am
alex_kiteflyer BRONZE, Darwin, Other

yeah they had one in my skl too :)

Saphy said...
on May. 12 2012 at 12:39 pm
Saphy, Hollywood, California

Never forget to smile.

This is a very universally debated topic. Nice job!

on May. 5 2012 at 5:58 pm
alex_kiteflyer BRONZE, Darwin, Other

thanks smile and ya i'll make sure i'll improvise next time around

on May. 5 2012 at 5:54 pm
alex_kiteflyer BRONZE, Darwin, Other

thanks laska...

on May. 5 2012 at 5:24 pm
Smile-And-Wave-Boys. SILVER, Rotherhithe, Other

"Everyone wants to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down."
— Oprah Winfrey

You make a very true point, and I'm glad you added you're opinion, but it seems too brief. It seems you're just feeding us facts. Maybe next time, try to make your writing engage more with the reader, if that makes sense :D. But still, I agree with everything here, well done, keep writing!

on May. 5 2012 at 5:18 pm
AlaskaGirl GOLD, Klawock, Alaska

"Screw the shining armor. I will take my man in dirty camo any day"

2 thumbs up (I would put more thumbs up but that is all I have)

on May. 5 2012 at 8:39 am
alex_kiteflyer BRONZE, Darwin, Other

thanks... it means a lot

on May. 4 2012 at 6:07 pm
LoveEternally SILVER, Castle Rock, Colorado
I totally agree with your article. You make a great point. Great job!! :D

on May. 4 2012 at 1:14 pm
alex_kiteflyer BRONZE, Darwin, Other

thanks vlad

on May. 4 2012 at 1:07 pm
Amarithie PLATINUM, Ocala, Florida

wow, now thats something i can relate to, awesome work!

on May. 3 2012 at 9:04 pm
alex_kiteflyer BRONZE, Darwin, Other

ya rit. thanks anyway 

ritmaman said...
on May. 3 2012 at 7:30 pm
you really do need to watch out where youre going nowadays. its just too easy to get drawn into nonsense. its a big world after all.

on May. 3 2012 at 11:35 am
Just-Another-Girl GOLD, Keighley, Other

- "A coward may survive...but a hero..a hero lives on in the hearts of the people he saved"

- "Words don't have the power to hurt people, unless the person who said it means a lot"

-
You say that love is nonsense. I tell you it is no such thing._

Sorry bro I am addicted hahaha :) we had to write something similar in English class the other week :)