Illegal Immigration From 2 Points of View

As you know, the topic of illegal immigration is confusing. There are 2 completely different viewpoints of illegal immigration which I feel is necessary to discuss.

For as long as we can remember, we've all been taught about why America was founded. George Washington, Ben Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, are only some of the people who made this country what it is today. People came to America for a better life, and they still do. We are the greatest country in the world, but I think we've also sucked up too much pride. People worldwide know The United States as being the greatest country on Earth. Some people would kill to come here because they're sick of dealing with poverty. They're sick of living horrible lives. But what are we doing? We're telling them they can't.

All over the news, they're talking about how Arizona has this new law...or are trying to pass a new law. And if you ask me, I think the law is ridiculous. They're making the Mexicans walk around with they're papers. And you know what I mean by papers. This just reminds me of how freed slaves had to carry around legal papers, and also how the Jews had to wear wristbands and things during World War 2. It's racial profiling and it's not right!

No, I don't agree with coming here illegally. I feel that if you want to come here, you need to do what is right. But I mean, what if you couldn't get those papers? What if you were living on the streets and the only hope you had left was to cross illegally? I think that if you have no other choice to come over, it is ok. But if you do have a choice, then it's not ok.

America is supposed to be a Free Country and doing that to the Mexicans is most definitely taking away their freedoms. What if they were born in America? Would you stop them on the streets and ask for their papers just because they're Mexicans? Well, that's what they're doing.

What if you met an illegal Mexican, or any other illegal immigrant? What if they couldn't get those papers, but were doing all they can to support their families? Would you try to send them to jail or tell the government, even if they were working hard and causing NO harm to society? Or would you try to help them out so that it was possible for them to get the papers for legal citizenship?

Like I said, I don't agree with illegal immigration. For instance, if you happened to know an illegal immigrant who was causing harm to society, selling drugs, or not working, what would you do? I would tell the government, or whoever. The reason most immigrants come to America, is to find more opportunities. Not to speed up they're meth sales. If they were doing something like that, then they definitely deserve to go back.

I want people to think about this. What the government is doing is racial profiling. When you see a Mexican are you gonna ask 'em where their legal papers are? Because you know they want them to carry them around everywhere they go. No, don't be stereotypical. You don't know if that person is working hard to become legal. You also don't know if they're causing harm to society. What would you do?

Bob jenkins said...
It is not racial profiling to ban undocumented immigration. It is racial profiling to assume someone is undocumented due to race/ethnic appearance.

Tybrow said...
It is racial profiling by saying they can't come her

Justbeme said...
Mar. 5, 2011 at 12:30 am
Wow! This reminds me of a class period we just had recently where we had to give our opinion on illegal immigration and I totally agree with you. Because the law will affect the people. So the government needs to remember that they are dealing with people who have faced harships to acheive the  the american dream.

winy.coronadoo said...
I agree with your point of view towards illegal immigration. This in fact is a free country, and shouldnt treat any human being as a criminal. Especially poeple who work, and try to follow laws. To cross the border illegally was the only option for some poeple to get out of poverty.

LuvKirstyn14 replied...
Aug. 20, 2010 at 12:08 am
exactly what im saying :)

Nick_Xao This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

Its not racial profiling because the law is most likely to affect people of Hispanic origin. Is it "racial profiling" that most of the people tried of tax evasion are white? Illegal immigration has the word "illegal" in it because its just that: its breaking the law. 

Suppose someone stole from a store. Is it okay because they are providing their family with those stolen goods? Is it okay if they just return them and everyone is happy? No. The people coming illegally, are, as you ... (more »)

LuvKirstyn14 replied...
I agree with your store scenario, but anyone can be an immigrant. As long as you're a foreigner coming from another country, you're an immigrant. Anyone can come over illegally, it just so happens that most of them are Mexicans.

Nick_Xao This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...

And it isn't only Mexicans that are being asked.

Police are allowed to ask for registration once they've detained a person for committing another crime, they are NOT allowed to pull random people over and ask for papers. Should I, being Asian, break the law in Arizona, they are withing their legal rights to also ask for my green card or proof of citizenship.