As I See It This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

Teenagers, have you ever felt like you wanted to help with something big, but you couldn’t because you were too young?
I know I am 13, but that doesn’t mean that I can’t do an adults job. I know many teenagers my age and older feel that they are not important in their community. The thing is harder jobs usually are given to adults, or to older teens. I went on a mission trip two summers ago, and the hard jobs were given to the older kids on the trip; and mostly went to boys. Some think that the hard jobs, or responsibilities, should go to adults. I think that if we don’t let the younger generations do the adult work, how will we do the adult work when we are adults? I watched the President and Vice President debates last year, and wondered how many kids my age were also watching. I think young people should be current on politics and world news. They should be informed as to what’s going on with the Heath Care Reform, and the economy.
This past August I went to a Youth Leadership Forum on the K-State campus. It was on Science, Engineering and Technology. It was an all day seminar, with some of the topics and programs included: Heath Rocks, True Colors, running a 4-H meeting and Wild Cat Leadership. It was a great opportunity to meet new people and learn about the opportunities you have in your community. Children and Teens are part of the whole community. Let's give them a chance to do their part.