Technology: Advantages and Disadvantages | Teen Ink

Technology: Advantages and Disadvantages

By Maggie BRONZE, ---------------, Other
Maggie BRONZE, ---------------, Other

Maybe "ok" will be our always...

Today's society no longer knows how to live without technology at work, at school, with friends or even at home with their families. Technology is changing people's lives and the way they see the world: because all of the social medias, the new generation doesn't have capabilities to have a serious face to face conversation, they only know how to gossip other people's Facebook profile, they only know how to meet new people and make new friends in a virtual way, they only know how to send messages with abbreviated words, basically they live inside those smart machines we call computers, smartphones, tablets.

I'm not saying technologies are kind like bad influences in our life because it actually isn't that bad: we can search for information, do some researches, find other ideas and inventions that people post on the internet, etc. Thanks to techonology we also have those essential gadgets in our house like the microwave, the fridge, the freezer, the TV to keep us informed of what is happening all around the world, etc.

In my opinion the new technologies have advantages and disadvantages and I think sometimes we all should take a break from them so we can enjoy some interpersonal moments and not only virtual chat moments.

Aida Teiga said...
on Mar. 19 2016 at 3:55 pm
You provide a critical and interesting perspective on the use of technology, mainly by young people. Simple writing style and very good content.