Stop it | Teen Ink

Stop it

By Imlyssa495 BRONZE, Mayslick, Kentucky
Imlyssa495 BRONZE, Mayslick, Kentucky

Stop trying to be deep when you have nothing to say, it doesn't make you seem like a good writer, it makes you look pretentious. Stop trying to be depressing when it's not needed, it doesn't make you look like you've lived it, it makes you look like you're begging for attention. When you write things with depressive undertones - or in your case overtones - for no reason, you're basically saying, feel bad for me I'm so depressed; pay attention to me. It's sad. Stop writing when you can't, learn how to form a sentence properly, and stop trying to be clever when you're not. If you don't know what to write about, don't write, stop cheating by just saying "you don't get it." Because we do get it, there's nothing to get. If you don't have anything to say, don't try to make a statement, because chances are, it's just as misguided as your reasons for writing are. Writing isn't about being depressed or begging for attention, writing is about trying to tell a story or make a point, and if you have neither of those, don't try to fake one, because the good writers can tell, and they hate it.