Beautiful isn't a trend, its what we are.

I know that maybe I haven’t been completely truthful in the past, but then again who is? But now I really need to say something in complete honesty, not just to make you feel good about yourself…no, that’s mommy’s job. I honestly believe that every girl is pretty. Sure, you may not think so, but I do. Who are we going to let tell us differently? The tabloids and magazines with size zero models on them? Men? Other women? It’s time for us to take a stand against this kind of bullying. And yes, I do see it as bullying, telling us we aren’t good enough, telling us that we have to look like these women on these magazines or else we won’t fit in. We’ve been pushing for our rights as women for hundreds of years and now we’re going to sit here and let some corporate sponsors in offices tell us that this is what we need to look like? I don’t buy it. I know that there is a need to take care of ourselves, to be healthy, to be properly clothed and to look presentable but that’s not what I’m talking about. I’m talking about someone telling us that if we weigh over 110 pounds that we aren’t beautiful. I’m talking about someone telling us that our eyes are too big and our lips are too small so we aren’t beautiful. I’m talking about someone telling us that because we don’t have size d breasts that we aren’t beautiful. Who cares? Who? It’s time that we decide as a generation of beautiful women if we are going to sit here and let people tell us that because we look the way God wanted us to, that we aren’t beautiful, because that right there is a lie.