The Media is Making Things Worse

We all go about our day listening to music, going on the computer, or watching T.V. And no matter what, there will be something ( an ad,music video and etc.) giving man - kind drowning images.
Women are already considered easy, and are thought of as an item. For instance, in one of New Boyz's lyrics it says: " Like a new iPod just touch her and turn her on." I mean, c'mon! The real world is not like that. There is a very rare chance that just by touching and flirting with a women, immediatly she will go to bed with you.
Souljia Boy is another example. In one of his songs he says, " I'm looking for a long haired, red bone star. Thick in the hips come get in my car." This is ridiculous! To make things worse, people all over America listen to singers and rappers that specify women. The media is making the world worse. They are lowering self- confidence, making the economy go down even more, and changing people's mind frame.
But women are not the only target in the media. Men are too. They have a lot of sterotypes. Men are "supposed to be hard, and act like they don't have a care in the world." That common saying is making drop out rates higher, chances of becoming a teenage father higher, the chance of commiting a crime high too.
That is not the real world. We are all human beings and we can speak for ourselves. Don't let sterotypes and the media's opinion change your life. Love yourself for who you are because you are the only YOU.

PeaceLovePiggy said...
Aug. 11, 2010 at 9:54 am:
Hi! I'm the girl of GS who told you about the site. Here's a few suggestions: One, instead of just stating your opinions, and what you think is obvious in lyrics & such, you should find something to back it up... A statistic maybe? If you do use statistics, just use enough to stress your points. No more, no less. Also, your punctuation was just a little, teeny- weeny bit off. But I agree completely with what you are saying! I hate that you always have to find a "Clean" version of a song now,... (more »)

SnickerLover replied...
Aug. 16, 2010 at 8:40 am :
thanks. i will look at your stuff now...

Scarecrow This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

How exactly are you linking teenage fatherhood, dropout rates, crime rates, and the economy to the abstract "media?"

"Men are supposed to be hard and act like they don't have a care in the world." Isn't that the male ideal for pretty much every culture and civilization in the history of EVER?

SnickerLover replied...
Aug. 10, 2010 at 9:06 am :
Actually, it all does relate. If you don't see the issue that is your problem.

Scarecrow This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 10, 2010 at 10:45 am :
I'm not saying at least some of that doesn't relate. But you can't just assert things without some kind of backup. Studies, statistics, whatever. You haven't done a lot to convince me, so if I don't see the issue, it's your problem.

silence-is-loud replied...
Nov. 3, 2010 at 5:27 pm :
all righhtt.... well, hope u know that everyone else that read this article agrees with what i am saying.

beautifuldisaster18 said...

I agree! It's disturbing to listen to the degrading lyrics of songs, or see degrading pictures. It saddens me that some people believe this!

And with men! You're right! They have been given this image that they can't have any emotion! That's not them. They are afraid to do certain things because "that's not what men do". It's horrible!

SnickerLover replied...
Aug. 5, 2010 at 6:15 pm :
I am so glad that you feel the same way and realize this. : D