Texting Oh Texting | Teen Ink

Texting Oh Texting

December 10, 2009
By Connor10 BRONZE, Aurora, Colorado
Connor10 BRONZE, Aurora, Colorado
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Should kids be able to text in school? I think they should be able to for these reasons. It is like if I have good grades and I pay attention in class why should I not be allowed to text in school? In my opinion students should be allowed to text in school because what if something bad happened we could text someone to get help. There is a computer system that some teachers have and it is where the teachers will ask a question on the board and the kids can text the answer and the answer pops onto the board. Using what students like and think is cool is a great way for us to have fun while learning.


Also, kids should be allowed to text in school because if they become sick or need to call their parents to pick them up they would be able too. They could just text them, and their parents would then be able to get them. Texting in school would make school as fun as going to the beach on a warm sunny day. Sometimes during school I just want to scream because it is so hard not to text all day. It is our way of talking so I get frustrated and depressed to not be able to talk my way.


One day in a teachers classroom, I was texting my girlfriend about if we had homework in the next class and I did get caught by the teacher. I had to call home which is as scary as walking in a dark empty haunted house. I got into trouble and lost my phone for 2 weeks and my girlfriend did too. It should just be allowed so that we don’t get into trouble. Being able to text in school would make school as easy as robbing a birds nest.


I have just heard of a system that is coming out and it is where you can put stories onto your phone. Then you just read the story off your phone. In my opinion, I think that this would be more fun than just reading a story out of the book. I would be exciting, fun, and energizing because it was using something I always had with me. Also, if you get to be using your phone in school the teachers can make rules like you would not be able to use your phone if you have a C or lower, so then you do not get as distracted and you would have to work really hard to keep your grades up. Another is that if you get a referral in the past month you can not bring your phone to any class. Finally, if you are late to class you can not use your phone for the day. That would keep me on track with all of my teachers.


Students should be able to text because then the teachers do not have to raise their voices they can just text the kids. Also, instead of using a planner they can put it all in their phone because they always have their phones with them. One more good thing about being able to text in school is because you could text your teacher or a friend them if you are sick and to get your work.


For safety, education, and fun reasons we should be able to use our phones in school. This way we can tell our parents that we love them if we are put in a dangerous situation, we could use if for learning, and we can be able to talk in the way that most teenagers uses now which is texing.