Music's Influence | Teen Ink

Music's Influence

December 12, 2012
By Hambone891 BRONZE, McDonough, Georgia
Hambone891 BRONZE, McDonough, Georgia
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Play hard; Have fun


Music has an influence on any and everyone who listens to it. It stimulates the brain, and it motivates the soul. Others may think that music is a distraction to many. Music is a creative form of poetry that involves many different kinds of rhythms, harmonies, and melodies.
It is vital to keep your mind acclimated to activity every day. Music puts your mind in a whole new world. It takes you away from the troubles of the real world and puts you in a safe no one can unlock. Also, it would help you reflect on the day you have ahead of you. Music gives a plethora of genres that can fit your personnel. It appeals to your feelings. If you are feeling sad one day you might want to listen to a sad R&B song. If you are feeling upbeat and ecstatic, you probably would listen to hard rock.
Music is a stupendous motivational tool. It gives you the confidence to do better or to get up off your feet. I listen to “Let The Drummer Kick” by Citizen Cope for inspiration. It is also great to listen to music before a sporting event. For example, I listen to “Bang Bang” by Waka Flocka before every game I play. It gets me pumped up and it helps me visualize of all the fantastic plays I am about to perform. I feel as if I am totally invisible and that there is no way the opponent can stop me. Music is very vital to success.
Others may think that music is a distraction to many. Others feel when you find a great song, you find yourself heavily distracted by singing, or dancing to the song. It is very distracting when it comes to doing school work. Most when listening to music will turn the volume up to the max, distracting them from their work. It takes your thinking cap off and keeps you from progressing further more than needed. Vocals added to the piece make it even worst. When you know the song you typically know the lyrics which again distracts you from the task at hand.
Music is a powerful tool used to penetrate the mind of its beholder. It can be mixed and matched with many different tunes making it so very complex but yet simple. It uplifts the soul and pleases the spirit. When any problems occur just listen to music to ease all of your pains.