Where Has the Class Gone?

There are times I wonder what has happened to the entertainment industry of today. I’m 15 years old and have a very different taste in music and other media than most teenagers do. Don’t get me wrong, I love a lot of bands from today and we also have a lot of great actors and actresses going around. But we also have people like Ke$ha and Kirsten Stewart (Yes, I realize I will probably get a lot of hate comments but this is MY opinion and hopefully there are others out there who share these same opinions) and a bunch of other people that don’t do the entertainment industry justice. I mean, why can’t we have stars like Audrey Hepburn? Ava Gardner? Frank Sinatra? Ginger Rogers? Lucille Ball? Judy Garland? Gene Kelly? These and many others are what made entertainment what it is today! These people had style and class. My one question is… where has it all gone? It seems like no one appreciates these great entertainers anymore which is such a shame. I feel like I'm the only one. Does anyone else agrees with me?

lechatnoir said...
Aug. 28, 2010 at 2:57 am
I understand. I was unaware of how todays enterainment business became what it is today because I obviously wasn't born then. I didn't grow up with any family members showing me Breakfast at Tiffany's. But when I started gaining a strong interest in classic films, I appreciated what they did so much because they truly gained their recognition out of talent. I'd like to note that i'm a big James Dean fan.

SaddleShoeGal This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Exactly what I was thinking! I have written a few articles on this same topic, because I really don't like what is going on today! Things aren't like they used to be, and it's probably only going to get worse, but you can only hope...

bmxchic2 said...
I completely agree with you. Music is also being ruined. About 90% of today's music involves sexual, explicit, and drug related content. There are barely any true, passionate singers anymore. And the very few that keep there music to a clean standard, aren't popular.