Can you make the movie better, please? | Teen Ink

Can you make the movie better, please?

November 30, 2009
insertcleverscreennamehere SILVER, Loveland, Ohio
8 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"It is not possible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously you might as well have not lived at all, in which case you fail by default"-J.K. Rowling

"Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home."-J.K. Rowling


A lot of movie today are based on books. These movies are usually very popular, probably because people who have read the book want to see the movie. But a lot of movies based on books really mess up the story. For example, the Harry Potter movies. There was a lot of important details left out of the movies that where in the books. I have a list of more than 25 things that are wrong with the 6th Harry Potter movie, such as the characters Bill and Charlie Weasley have never been in any of the movies even though they are in the 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th books, or the fact that Death Eaters move around in balls of smoke in the movies even though that is not in the books. Another example of a popular book/movie series is the Twilight series. That movie did do a lot better on not leaving stuff out, but there was one important thing left out, the scene where Bella says she hates the smell of blood.
Everyone who I've discussed this with agrees with me. The book is almost always better than the movie. So my question is why do people make movies out of books and then make the movies so different than the books? And why do the writers of the books let them? Making the movie like the book is not that hard! I've read novelizations of movies that weren't based on books, and those have had everything in the movie word for word. So why can't it be the same way when it's going from a book to a movie?