Can you make the movie better, please?

A lot of movie today are based on books. These movies are usually very popular, probably because people who have read the book want to see the movie. But a lot of movies based on books really mess up the story. For example, the Harry Potter movies. There was a lot of important details left out of the movies that where in the books. I have a list of more than 25 things that are wrong with the 6th Harry Potter movie, such as the characters Bill and Charlie Weasley have never been in any of the movies even though they are in the 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th books, or the fact that Death Eaters move around in balls of smoke in the movies even though that is not in the books. Another example of a popular book/movie series is the Twilight series. That movie did do a lot better on not leaving stuff out, but there was one important thing left out, the scene where Bella says she hates the smell of blood.
Everyone who I've discussed this with agrees with me. The book is almost always better than the movie. So my question is why do people make movies out of books and then make the movies so different than the books? And why do the writers of the books let them? Making the movie like the book is not that hard! I've read novelizations of movies that weren't based on books, and those have had everything in the movie word for word. So why can't it be the same way when it's going from a book to a movie?

guiarchick<3 said...
Dec. 9, 2009 at 9:16 am
I totally agree. It's the same thing with the twilight movies and the movie Marley & Me and probly tons of other based-on-book movies

Scripted said...
I agree with you that the books are better than the movies. Books are filled with detail, a lot of it irrelevant only to fill pages. Movies summarize the books and are made to appeal to those who have not read the books. Bill and Charlie are minor characters and do not need a role in the movies. The fact that Death Eaters move around in balls is irrelevant. It is magical and is made to maximize entertainment. Movies cannot have everything the book does or it would be a 6 hour film. Look at Lor... (more »)