Justin Bieber: Can Good Looks Really Get You Anywhere In This World?

If somebody surveyed all the teenage girls in Canada and the Usa asking who the fastest growing male singer was, most of them would probably answer Justin Bieber.

Justin is currently 15 years old, born on March 14th, 1994. He was born in Stratford, Ontario. Justin first started singing in 2007, and was discovered Scooter Braun, who quickly became his manager. Justin's manager flew him to Atlanta, Georgia to sing for Usher. When Usher heard him singing he was very impressed. Antonio L.A. Reid at Island Records signed Justin to Island Records in October 2008.

Justin's first single was "One Time", and it quickly grew to the top of the charts.

I myself listened to the song, and although I found it was an okay song, I didn't worship it like lots of other girls I know did.

Wanting to know why this song had done so well, I decided to find out through some people I knew who were absolutly crazy about him.

I talked to twenty girls, aged 12 to 14, and found some similarities in their answers.

When asked why they loved him so much, this was the response I got.

16 of the people said they loved him for his 'killer looks',
2 of the people said they loved him because his singing 'came from his heart',
And the remaining 2 people said the liked him because his looks and singing.

This information pretty much informs us that even if about 80% of your fans only like you because of your looks, you can still make it far in the world.

So, with all this information, you can probably figure it out: Without the good looks, Justin probably wouldn't be quite so far in his singing career.

onelesslonleygirl129 said...

I ADORE Justin Bieber. And yes, his looks are quite a positive plus to him, he really does have talent though. He can REALLY SING! Listen to his acoustic stuff on youtube...the kid has a voice. So no, I don't believe good looks are the only reason he is famous, while they certainly may help, I don't think a lot of his fans just like him for his looks. I saw him in concert and he was amazing live. He is also a TEENAGER and he actually acts like one (flirting, little sayings) so he is more rela... (more »)

ALlovegreen replied...
Oct. 6, 2010 at 7:47 pm :
I'm with you!!! :)

TarynSinclair replied...
Oct. 10, 2010 at 6:57 pm :
He's not that great.  Someone saw him, thought "Oh yeah, we can make SO much money off of the teeny-boppers by putting a "cute" guy from a "humble background" (*quivering lip, tear-filled eyes*) into the music industry. And I'm SO sorry, but white teenagers can NOT say "shawty". No. (no racism intended)

bballrox replied...
Oct. 11, 2010 at 10:18 am :
Why cant we. We sound the same.

TarynSinclair replied...
Oct. 11, 2010 at 5:05 pm :

The same as African-American older men? Doubtful.

Fine though. Correction: White teenage boys who sound like they're white tween girls should not say "shawty" when it was invented by African-American men in their twenties who sound so much better saying it.

bballrox replied...
Oct. 11, 2010 at 8:06 pm :
lol i guess your right lol

onelesslonleygirl129 replied...
Oct. 11, 2010 at 8:36 pm :
So the only thing you don't like about him is that he says "shawty" (which in my opinion sounds adorable!)? Then I would say he's not doing too bad if people dislike him for words he uses in his songs. That means people are A)Listening to his songs B)talking about him...both of which benefit him!

bballrox replied...
Oct. 12, 2010 at 5:55 pm :
Well thats not the only reason I dont like him. I mean...... well i do like him, Im just sick and tired of him. All there is is just justin beiber jb of jb hair, which is really annoying. But I do like his songs and stuff. And I think b. but idk im really confused

onelesslonleygirl129 replied...
Oct. 12, 2010 at 9:19 pm :

haha well I wasn't just saying "you" meaning YOU but everyone haha! I am not calling you out haha and it doesn't make a difference to me who is a fan and who isn't!

I mean if like people's only complaints about him are that he says "shawty"  then that means people talk about him and are listening to his songs

bballrox replied...
Oct. 13, 2010 at 8:04 pm :
lol. ya I like his music and stuff just not as much about him. Like I thought it was funny when he got hit in the head with a water bottle. But hey, everyones gotta admit that was pretty funny lol.

onelesslonleygirl129 replied...
Oct. 17, 2010 at 12:51 am :
Hahahah yeahhhh that was....but it was so sad too!!! haha! I understand...I really didn't mean to sound like I was attacking you!!! It doesn't make a difference to me!

bballrox replied...
Oct. 17, 2010 at 12:53 pm :
nah thats ok. It was prettty sad when he got hit. I wonder what went thru his mind when he got hit. Like if he was thinking what the h*** just happened? or like ok that was weird. It would be interesting to read his mind wouldnt it. haha lol

TarynSinclair replied...
Oct. 17, 2010 at 3:51 pm :
Frankly, there's a lot more wrong with him than his use of "shawty". His actions toward the girl during the "Baby" video for one.  Also, the fact that they keep stressing his "humble background" in Canada. If I wanted a sob story, I'd watch the Lifetime Movie network.

onelesslonleygirl129 replied...
Oct. 17, 2010 at 5:40 pm :

HAHA  yeah it would be really fun to read his mind ALL the time, but I really wonder what he was thinking when a water bottle came flying at him!

What was wrong with his actions in the video? This is the first time I've heard anything like that. He just brings it up to inspire other people that you don't have it have it all to become famous. He was poor and in public housing yet look where he is now. I think it is awesome that he isn't forgetting where he came from... just ... (more »)

bballrox replied...
Oct. 18, 2010 at 10:03 am :
lol this is starting to become a full on debate! this is fun! But ya I agree with both of you

TarynSinclair replied...
Oct. 18, 2010 at 7:05 pm :
Well, in the video he is practically sexually harassing that girl, he keeps getting up in her face and being all "kiss me" and when she makes it quite clear that he needs to leave her alone, he gets worse. It might be "acting" but still, the fact that he would portray that as being "cool" is disgraceful and wrong.

JELLYBELLY said...
Please! Miley is lamer than Bieber! Trust me. :[

Silly Sunshine replied...
Oct. 8, 2010 at 4:18 pm :
I agree with u JELLYBELLY she is so lame and Justin Bieber he is such a hottie!

JELLYBELLY replied...
Oct. 9, 2010 at 10:07 am :

I did not say he was hot!!!

NASTY!!!!!!!!

bballrox replied...
Oct. 11, 2010 at 10:20 am :
Hes not really all that

TarynSinclair replied...
Oct. 18, 2010 at 7:08 pm :

Weeeeelllll.....Miley IS pretty lame. She only became famous because her daddy was a one-hit wonder.

Justin Bieber is NOT all that. Nor is he a "hottie", no matter WHAT J-14 and Tiger Beat and other bubblegum-pop magazines say. (not to say I don't read them...I'm a teen girl too!) But still.

I don't know who's "lamer", but at least Miley has already turned to the bad side of celebrityishness (hello, "Can't Be Tamed"?).