Kanye West vs. Taylor Swift

Well, I'm just curious. Mostly everyone has heard about what happened during the MTV awards (Kanye's interruption when Taylor was recieving the award). I was thinking...do YOU think he was justified in interrupting that way? Because, if you think about it, he does have a point. Sort of. Taylor Swift (a..well..her music is OK) vs. Beyonce (a music LEGEND) for the award. Besides, Beyonce's music vid WAS great. What do you think?

StormyJ said...
Yeah he shouldnt have dont that I mean Beyonce won a much bigger award than Taylor anyway like...what was it...something like alltime ot whatever but that made me seriously hate Kayne West more than I did before and Taylor Swift do to the fact she cant really sing (live) and seriously I hate Beyonce she can sing & dance but she's not much of an actor.

dundundun replied...
Dec. 22, 2010 at 10:12 am :
Neither is Taylor, so what's your point?

forgottenpennameThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Whether his opinion was correct or not, he had no right to go up and interrupt Taylor's speech. That's inconsiderate and rude, and just shows that he's a sore loser.
I do have to say though. It was HILARIOUS.

daydreamer149 said...
I think Taylor Swift deserved the award more...hence why she got it! Beyonce is a music legend but in no way was Kanye right to interrupt what was meant to be a great moment in her life. I think it was really nice of Beyonce to let Taylor do her speech when she got an award though. I didn't think the video for single ladies was that great. Just 3 girls dancing? Erm, awesome. No wonder Taylor won. xD

potterlight said...
Yeah, I like Beyonce' a lot better than Taylor Swift, but what Kanye did was rude! Even if your favorite person did not win an award, you're supossed to let the person who won fair and square have their moment and Knaye just took that away from Taylor. He was being very unruly and unjust. Kanye's a sore loser. He embarrassed himself and Jay-Z. His music will greatly suffer because of this event.

potterlight said...
Yeah, I like Beyonce' a lot better than Taylor Swift; but what Kanye did was rude! Even if his favorite person didn't win, it is common courteousy to let the person who won fair and square have their moment. Kanye totally took that away from Taylor and that was unjust. He was definitely in the wrong there! I don't care that he stuck up for one of my favorite singers, you can't be a sore loser about things. Kanye did nothing but embarass himself and Jay- Z. His music may suffe... (more »)

Spanky12 said...
Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:42 am:
Honestly, Why do people think its okay that he did it? It was her award and she got it whether you have a different opinion or not. If Taylor had down that....All hells would break lose and he would be all over the news complaining.

jbutterfly10 replied...
Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:27 pm :
Ride on, Spanky. Ride on;}

A.Lopez said...
I would've voted for Beyonce but the most votes went to Taylor. It was fair, but it wasn't right what Kanye did. He just made himself look more like a fool.

kilo_14 said...
Nov. 11, 2009 at 11:17 am:
Taylor swift won the award and thats's the bottom line.

SRKFanatic15 said...
I love all three artists' music. I also kind of think that Kanye is kind of a genius, that event happened MONTHS ago, and the discussion is still on. Maybe it was rude, but still, the man created something that will never be forgotten.

eileen44 replied...
Nov. 5, 2009 at 1:42 pm :
no he isnt a genius hes stupid. and does nothing. kthanks

pictolover replied...
Nov. 6, 2009 at 12:33 pm :
he has good music. . . but after what he did to taylor, i lost a lot of respect for him. it doesn't matter what his opinion was on the matter. he ruined taylor's big night and no one deserves that!

Spanky12 replied...
Jul. 13, 2010 at 9:19 pm :
SRKFanatic15 said something about him being a genius because we are all talking about it still. Well guess what? Most of us are talking about what scum he is for doing it. And believe or not, he has lost a lot of fans for this event he pulled. So is he actually a genius for doing it? Maybe, in a way to get notice but the negitive impacted him more then anything. He has country music artist about to kick his ass and he lost a lot of fans.

eileencuisinehxc said...
taylor swift didnt deserve that at all!! shes so amazing. shes very very talented she can play guitar and sings her own songs.. what about beyonce does she write her own music? no. i just think taylor is way more talented and deserved that award.. kanye sucks!

Chelsea A. said...
Oct. 23, 2009 at 11:52 am:
I think that Taylor Swift did deserve the award. Us teens voted for her and she deserved to win. I think that although single ladies was a good video, it was simple. Hers was very cool and sweet.

LALALALA said...
Basically this was all stupid. Now every time someone thinks about Taylor swifts moment on the VMA's there gonna think about the "interruption" that Kanye did. She basically will be clumped in with that whole scenario that could have been Avoided. Me personally this was the icing on Kanye's West cry for attention and help cake. Ever since his mom died he has not been the same (which in the past he was very tolerable).

crosby11 said...
Oct. 19, 2009 at 9:51 am:
kanye west was singing to him selve when he sang that song heartless!! he should of kept his opinion to himselve and only to himself. He atleast could of told taylor back stage or something but it was a stupid choice!

Chief said...
It was wrong for Kanye West to interrupt Taylor Swift during her moment on stage. Everyone has to their own opinion about things and in this case Kanye should have kept his opinion to himself. I don't think that he would like it if someone came up during his moment and embarrassed him.

dundundun replied...
Dec. 22, 2010 at 10:07 am :
The difference is that Kanye would have a sense of humor about it, not want the world to treat her like the victim of a mob attack.

Cierse said...
I think that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but Kanye West shouldn't have jumped up on stage and humiliated Taylor Swift. If he thinks Beyonce deserved the award, then fine, but don't jump up on stage and ruin someone's moment.