Kanye West vs. Taylor Swift

Well, I'm just curious. Mostly everyone has heard about what happened during the MTV awards (Kanye's interruption when Taylor was recieving the award). I was thinking...do YOU think he was justified in interrupting that way? Because, if you think about it, he does have a point. Sort of. Taylor Swift (a..well..her music is OK) vs. Beyonce (a music LEGEND) for the award. Besides, Beyonce's music vid WAS great. What do you think?

Medina D. said...

NO WAY Kanye didnt have to say that on the MTV awards!! He ruined Taylor's big moment!!! UNJUSTIFIED!!

on the other hand, that is SO old news. Even Taylor thinks so, forgiving West with her song 'innocent' (performed at the 2010 MTV awards)

TommyOoOoO replied...
Nov. 27, 2010 at 12:40 pm :

Um, did you notice how long ago this was posted? Yeah, a WHILE ago. And Taylor may have "forgiven" but writing a song about it and the fact that everyone knows it's about him is just bringing it up again. If she had really forgiven him, she would have written a song and not told people who it was about. This just means that she's still obsessing over it. And the fact that one of her songs is called "Better than Revenge" just proves to me that she most likely is still boiling over it and wants... (more »)

Medina D. replied...
Nov. 28, 2010 at 10:46 am :
EXCUSE ME BUT DID YOU ACTUALLY HEAR THE SONG BETTER THEN REVENGE?? IF YOU DID THEN YOU'D KNOW IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH KANYE!! THE SONG IS ABOUT A GIRL WHO STEALS HER MAN (AS OBVIOUS IN THE LYRICS) THE SONG ABOUT KANYE IS INNOCENT IN WHICH SHE DOESN'T SAY HIS NAME. AND SONGWRITING ABOUT HER LIFE IS HER WAY OF MOVING ON!! WOULD YOU HAVE THE GUTS TO WRITE AND OPENLY SING ABOUT YOUR LIFE?? WITH NO FEAR??

TommyOoOoO replied...
Nov. 28, 2010 at 1:27 pm :
Apparently the caps lock works very well on your computer. Or were you typing this whole thing one-fingered while holding down the shift key?

If you go back and even BOTHER to read my comment, you will notice I never ONCE said that "Better than Revenge" was about Kanye. Because it isn't. It's supposedly about Camille Belle. But that wasn't my point, and once again, if you had bothered to read my comment you would have known what my point was. My point was that Taylor spends most... (more »)

Medina D. replied...
Nov. 28, 2010 at 2:09 pm :

if you HAVE to know, i typed the reply on my ipod which has a tendency to automatically go on caps lock. But who cares about that?!

Anyway, when Tay says who her songs are about, she's not having a big mouth!! She's just being honest. That's one of the reasons i ADMIRE her. How many stars do you know who will let you inside the story of their personal lives. And you think Joe has more class then her?!! So many think he's a jerk!!

He broke up with Swift during a phone call that l... (more »)

TommyOoOoO replied...
Dec. 1, 2010 at 8:48 pm :
Wow. You make me laugh so hard. Who says that we have to know EVERYTHING about a singer's personal life? Their career is about their MUSIC not their lives. Yet, everyone seems so obsessed with knowing every little detail about every facet of their lives. And many stars take advantage of that obsession to become more popular than they already are.

I never said I respected Joe. All I said was that he had more class and integrity to keep his private life private and not go spreadin... (more »)

Medina D. replied...
Dec. 1, 2010 at 9:37 pm :

WHATEVER ITS YOUR OPINION. BUT MILLIONS DISAGREE WITH YOU. SO IF YOU THINK TAYLORS SO HORRID THEN WHO DO YOU RESPECT?? WHO DO YOU LIKE?? ID LIKE TO HEAR SOMETHING TRULY POSITIVE FROM YOU FOR ONCE. SO FAR FROM YOU I JUST HEARD CYNICAL COMMENTS. AND AGAIN YOU MAKE TAYLOR SOUND BRATTY!!!

ALSO, ARE YOU INFERRING THAT IM AMUSING?? LIKE A LITTLE GIRL WHO KNOWS NO BETTER?? YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW BAD THAT SOUNDS

YEESH I JUST POSTED A COMMENT AND ITS TURNED INTO THIS WHOLE DEBATE. HERE "MR ... (more »)

rachelsmith replied...
Dec. 2, 2010 at 5:16 pm :
Honestly, I agree with Tommyoo. He's not being rude (excluding some sarcastic comments), but Medina, you're acting like a child. Yes, a child. Tommy actually has some good points about Taylor Swift and unlike you (with the whole Joe Jonas thing) he looks at both sides of the story. He even compliments Taylor several times. Where's your reply to that? Seriously, Tommy is making points, you're just freaking out. If you have something to say, you can say it nicely like Tommy. And why don't y... (more »)

GoneButNeverOver replied...
Dec. 13, 2010 at 8:26 pm :
i agree with rachelsmith. medina you are acting like s child. btw this is kindof old news and im not a huge fan of taylor or kanye, but it was pretty rude and on the other hand taylor should have stuck up for herself more so whatev balanced universe lol 

BrielleM replied...
Feb. 23, 2011 at 8:47 pm :
I agree with Medina D. Honestly? How is Tommy saying anything nicely? Very snarky & rude, actually. The whole argument was stupid. Why can't people just get along? Think about what you type before you post it...Think about if it's going to start a pointless argument. I get it, everyone has their opinions, but no one is on here just to get into childish fights.

Medina D. replied...
Feb. 23, 2011 at 8:53 pm :
Brielle M, you are seriously one of my favorite people right now

222000 replied...
Mar. 9, 2011 at 8:18 pm :
Brielle, your one to talk. Every comment I've seen from you is every bit as snarky if not more than Tommy's. You have no right to bash someone else for something you do too. And if you don't like or can't handle the debates, stop reading them.

kellay replied...
Mar. 11, 2011 at 8:36 am :
Really. I mean you (Brielle) have an opinion about everything and yet no one else can? :/

bricheese23 said...
Honestly, how would you feel if you won an award and someone just interrupted you? This was not a popularity contest, this was an award given to best video! Taylor Swift had a great video and all Beyonce did was dance in a leotard...whoopi! Taylor desevered this award! :)

WiseChild said...
Oct. 28, 2010 at 5:15 am:
Maybe he was right, but he had no right to say that, if anyone should have spoekn, it would ave been Beyonce herself. what he did was incredibly childish.

love09 said...
I believe that I cannot pick a side, because I love some of taylor swifts songs but i love beyonce's songs. but i think it was horrible that kanye west did that, if the give won an awardlet her win it, beyonce could win anyother award hands down anyother award.

qwerty said...
The whole Taylor Swift and kanye West situation, I think was totally unnessecary it was so uncalled for and Taylor didn't deserve that at all. It was her time to shine because she earned it and he ruined her spot light for her. :|

oliver clothsoff said...
The are both great singers but i don't think Kanye should have got up on stage like that. It is fine to have the opinion Kanye said, but he should have said that afterwards and shouldn't have got up on stage while she was getting the award and say what he said to her.

rose said...
i think kanye should of not done that but then again he's speaking from his mind but then it was Taylors first award for best video. because would you want anyone to interrup you when something you been waiting for and have it been destroy and ruin your time to shine

blondegrl1211 said...
I think that Kanye had every right to do that. Freedom of speech right? Besides Beyonce should have won, she honestly deserved it. &So true about the whole taylor swift (o.k. music) Beyonce (Music legend) Everyone knows that. Haha &I thought what Kanye did was pretty funny. I mean....did you see Taylor's face?!?!

BrielleM replied...
Feb. 23, 2011 at 8:50 pm :
Wow. That was just rude & uncalled for. How can you think that someone's humiliation is funny? That's just cruel.