Kanye West vs. Taylor Swift | Teen Ink

Kanye West vs. Taylor Swift

By LilaW PLATINUM, Brampton, ON, Other
LilaW PLATINUM, Brampton, ON, Other

Live. Laugh. Love. Fight. Flight. Get it right.<3

Well, I'm just curious. Mostly everyone has heard about what happened during the MTV awards (Kanye's interruption when Taylor was recieving the award). I was thinking...do YOU think he was justified in interrupting that way? Because, if you think about it, he does have a point. Sort of. Taylor Swift (a..well..her music is OK) vs. Beyonce (a music LEGEND) for the award. Besides, Beyonce's music vid WAS great. What do you think?

Curiosity is not a sin. lol

Blah123 said...
on Jan. 26 2010 at 9:08 pm
does it matter his opinion of her talent? or how great beyonce is? rude is rude, and wat he did was rude & unacceptable. period.

jew123 said...
on Jan. 15 2010 at 9:26 am
taylor swift is just a kid and you want her to stand up to a grown man. your a jew!!

dramaqueen97 said...
on Jan. 15 2010 at 8:25 am
I think that Beyonce's music is much better..... but that was just plain disrespectful on Kanye's part! Im mad at Taylor because she didnt stick up for herself. She just stood ther and cried. :(

on Jan. 9 2010 at 9:07 pm
XxCrazyGurlXx SILVER, Whiteville, North Carolina

"Besides my fashion sense? I play a mean harmonica." -Fang (Maximum Ride)
"I never wanted a part like this in my life." -Demi Lovato on Camp Rock
"Pink isn't just a race or color, its an attitude." -Myself

Yeah he shouldnt have dont that I mean Beyonce won a much bigger award than Taylor anyway like...what was it...something like alltime ot whatever but that made me seriously hate Kayne West more than I did before and Taylor Swift do to the fact she cant really sing (live) and seriously I hate Beyonce she can sing & dance but she's not much of an actor.

on Dec. 12 2009 at 12:22 pm
forgottenpenname GOLD, Troy, Michigan

"Carpe diem."

Whether his opinion was correct or not, he had no right to go up and interrupt Taylor's speech. That's inconsiderate and rude, and just shows that he's a sore loser.

I do have to say though. It was HILARIOUS.

on Dec. 9 2009 at 3:07 pm
daydreamer:) BRONZE, :), Other
I think Taylor Swift deserved the award more...hence why she got it! Beyonce is a music legend but in no way was Kanye right to interrupt what was meant to be a great moment in her life. I think it was really nice of Beyonce to let Taylor do her speech when she got an award though. I didn't think the video for single ladies was that great. Just 3 girls dancing? Erm, awesome. No wonder Taylor won. xD

on Nov. 27 2009 at 8:23 pm
potterlight PLATINUM, Cleveland, Ohio

That makes sense

Yeah, I like Beyonce' a lot better than Taylor Swift, but what Kanye did was rude! Even if your favorite person did not win an award, you're supossed to let the person who won fair and square have their moment and Knaye just took that away from Taylor. He was being very unruly and unjust. Kanye's a sore loser. He embarrassed himself and Jay-Z. His music will greatly suffer because of this event.

on Nov. 27 2009 at 8:19 pm
potterlight PLATINUM, Cleveland, Ohio

That makes sense

Yeah, I like Beyonce' a lot better than Taylor Swift; but what Kanye did was rude! Even if his favorite person didn't win, it is common courteousy to let the person who won fair and square have their moment. Kanye totally took that away from Taylor and that was unjust. He was definitely in the wrong there! I don't care that he stuck up for one of my favorite singers, you can't be a sore loser about things. Kanye did nothing but embarass himself and Jay- Z. His music may suffer because of this event.

on Nov. 20 2009 at 10:42 am
Spanky12 BRONZE, Yakima, Washington
Honestly, Why do people think its okay that he did it? It was her award and she got it whether you have a different opinion or not. If Taylor had down that....All hells would break lose and he would be all over the news complaining.

A.Lopez BRONZE said...
on Nov. 18 2009 at 8:16 pm
A.Lopez BRONZE, Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey

"Don't let anybody tell you, you can't do something."

&

"The sky is the limit!"

I would've voted for Beyonce but the most votes went to Taylor. It was fair, but it wasn't right what Kanye did. He just made himself look more like a fool.

kilo_14 said...
on Nov. 11 2009 at 11:17 am
kilo_14, Lakeland, Florida

Life is about taking risks, so becareful what risks you take because you never know what is good or what is bad.

Taylor swift won the award and thats's the bottom line.

on Nov. 6 2009 at 12:33 pm
pictolover SILVER, Brookfield, Missouri

"Life is like a roller coaster. When you don't know what to do buckle up, close your eyes, and enjoy the ride."

he has good music. . . but after what he did to taylor, i lost a lot of respect for him. it doesn't matter what his opinion was on the matter. he ruined taylor's big night and no one deserves that!

eileen44 said...
on Nov. 5 2009 at 1:42 pm
no he isnt a genius hes stupid. and does nothing. kthanks

on Nov. 2 2009 at 8:12 pm
SRKFanatic15 BRONZE, Brooklyn Center, Minnesota

“Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening.”
Coco Chanel

I love all three artists' music. I also kind of think that Kanye is kind of a genius, that event happened MONTHS ago, and the discussion is still on. Maybe it was rude, but still, the man created something that will never be forgotten.

on Oct. 29 2009 at 2:33 pm
taylor swift didnt deserve that at all!! shes so amazing. shes very very talented she can play guitar and sings her own songs.. what about beyonce does she write her own music? no. i just think taylor is way more talented and deserved that award.. kanye sucks!

on Oct. 23 2009 at 11:52 am
chelsea aiss SILVER, New City, New York
I think that Taylor Swift did deserve the award. Us teens voted for her and she deserved to win. I think that although single ladies was a good video, it was simple. Hers was very cool and sweet.

LALALALA said...
on Oct. 21 2009 at 1:15 pm
Basically this was all stupid. Now every time someone thinks about Taylor swifts moment on the VMA's there gonna think about the "interruption" that Kanye did. She basically will be clumped in with that whole scenario that could have been Avoided. Me personally this was the icing on Kanye's West cry for attention and help cake. Ever since his mom died he has not been the same (which in the past he was very tolerable).

crosby11 said...
on Oct. 19 2009 at 9:51 am
kanye west was singing to him selve when he sang that song heartless!! he should of kept his opinion to himselve and only to himself. He atleast could of told taylor back stage or something but it was a stupid choice!

on Oct. 18 2009 at 2:33 pm
reginalove SILVER, Lorain, Ohio

"Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal."

Um,Taylor Swift is 19...........people make mistakes everyone. I agree that it was wrong but oh well, he did it and thats what Kanye is known for, doing outrageous things. People, get over it!

Chief said...
on Oct. 13 2009 at 4:19 pm
It was wrong for Kanye West to interrupt Taylor Swift during her moment on stage. Everyone has to their own opinion about things and in this case Kanye should have kept his opinion to himself. I don't think that he would like it if someone came up during his moment and embarrassed him.

Smith Summer

Parkland Speaks

Campus Compare