Popular Girls in UGGS | Teen Ink

Popular Girls in UGGS

By morgie7<3 PLATINUM, Tremont, Illinois
morgie7<3 PLATINUM, Tremont, Illinois

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."
~Michael Jordan

Everyone says that you have to have a Hollister top and leak Abercrombie to be accepted. Everyone has the girl in their grade that walks like she has something to prove, puts others down so she feels less insecure, and hugs you while stabbing you in the back with her designer earrings. Everything about her seems perfect...her clothes her looks her laugh....except one thing...her attitude. The boys gush and the girls roll their eyes. Why is it that they can't see through a pretty mask and a flirty laugh? You may be the nicest girl on the planet with average looks....and they don't care. You cry, reapply the makeup, and carry on.

The constant verbal put-downs on every girl that doesn't leak Chanel when she cries are almost too much to bear. The teachers see, but brush it off like a fly. They know how middle school girls can be, their used to it. But we're still getting used to it. They roll their eyes, hand you a tissue, and tell you to toughen up. 'You'll meet people at work someday who are worse.' 'Go see the guidance counselor, you're disrupting my class.' 'Would you stop fighting??!?! It's not that big of a deal if she has more A.Eagle clothes than you. Cheer up!' So you slip on you favorite tee,not Aeropostale, much to everyone's dismay,and carry on.

Everyone sees the outward shell, but what they don't see is the personality and the home-life. The popular girls don't have either. Their home-life probably isn't the best, and their personality obviously sucks. Their harsh words sting like cold wind. You wish you had name brand to cover up in, or the latest Aerie jacket. Instead, you snuggle up to Walmart fleece...and carry on.

Ends up the girl you least expect will come back to the twentieth class reunion gorgeous and thriving at her new job as a model or whatever. And she had NO friends in middle school! Cause why? She wasn't worthy of friendship because she didn't own Abercrombie jeans, or a pair of UGGS. Why is she thriving? She carried on...and didn't worry whether the popular girl backstabbed her with designer earrings just because she didn't own a Hollister tee.

on Jul. 28 2010 at 11:23 am
♥♫music4ever25♥♫, Phoenix, Arizona

shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars! :)

well i can relate but honseslty to be popular (at least at my schoo) you dont have to be rich....and for the record i wear abrocrmbie,uggs, areopostel, and american eggle and i would deffintly say im far from the rich popular girl mold you desscribed

LivenLove said...
on Jul. 28 2010 at 9:40 am
LivenLove, Washington, Pennsylvania

"Words are very powerful, but only if you listen to them."

Its very nice writing but your saying to look around. Well it is time for you to start looking between the lines. Not everything is black and white. Check out my work there a nice article about this topic.

thedifferentloser BRONZE, Yonkers, New York
THIS WAS GREAT AND TRUE! I LOVED IT! BUT I HATE THE FACT THAT THIS IS EVERYDAY LIFE ! 

pencilsFORhands SILVER, Boston, Massachusetts
I agree with the majority of this. However, I disagree about the homelife part. I live in a wealthy town, and my friends and I are not popular, and we are the worst of financially and in respect to homelife. The popular girls in our town live in mansions with PTA mothers and Buisnessman fathers who are all clean and straightlaced.... perhaps it varies by town.

Sarbear GOLD said...
Sarbear GOLD, Milan, Ohio

--Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes.
--When life gives you lemons, squirt them in people's eyes.

everyone can relate to this--except the popular girls, of course (they're 'perfect') im glad that you put this out here i wish more girls could read this and see that popular girls aren't all that just cause they wear different clothes with different stinking names on them.

Anoma21 said...
I agree with what your saying but i do believe that your being a little biased. Personally, i know many "popular" and "unpopular" girls that are mean, rude, disrespectful etc. I really don't think it has anything to do with what social group you're involved with. Additionally, I know many "popular" girls that are some of the nicest people i've ever met and don't judge based on clothes or social group. And i don't consider myself popular, i don't think i really belong in any of the social groups in my school because i have friends in all of them, so i'm not writing this from the point of view of a "popular" guy

BasketballChick5, San Diego, California

:)Just Do It:) <3

I liked this people need to like you for who you are bot who your not liek you clothes no one should care and you shoes the way you wear you hear people need to know your presonality! Like me i used to be shy at school but at home i am very outgoing and then one day i opened up adn everyone lives me for me!!!!!!!!!!

SarClark BRONZE, NC, Connecticut
LOVE THIS!!! god i love all ur work!!!!!!!

morgie7<3 PLATINUM, Tremont, Illinois

~Michael Jordan

Lets see, did I ever once say that if you own Uggs you are mean? Nope, don't think so. It really aggravates me when people put words in my mouth that I never intended, nor ever did say. Some of my best friends wear Uggs, the title is just catchy, interesting, makes a point, and is better than titling it "We Hate Mean Girls" The point is for girls not to worry if there are people they know that think they are more worthy of respect or better than others because they wear Uggs (EXAMPLE) or Hollister (EXAMPLE) That does not mean anyone who wears Uggs, or anyone who wears Hollister, are evil. Please don't put words in my mouth that I never said because I don't think that at all and my article doesn't say that either. Thank you for the rest of the comment, God Bless.

morgie7<3 PLATINUM, Tremont, Illinois

~Michael Jordan

My writing is a cliche? I think its cliche how some girls think that because of their last name or because of their social status they can get everything they want in life. Believe me, half of them don't try in anything and know they can get away with it, and they're not going to get away with it when they grow up. Seriously. I think you need to look around before you say something about my writing being a cliche.

babigerl1194 PLATINUM, Margaretville, New York

wat doesnt kill you only makes you stronger

this is such a clichee. nd doesnt usually happens parents just say that to make thier kids feel better. =(

morgie7<3 PLATINUM, Tremont, Illinois

~Michael Jordan

haha that is a very good point:)

NuclearMuse GOLD, Burnsville, Minnesota

"In only two months, Alex became my angel, and in only two months I thought he belonged in heaven, because people like me didn’t deserve to drag him down. But today he is still on earth with me, and now I couldn’t be happier to keep him here." ~ Nikki

...I feel like this is well written and it's a good point and stuff, and I'm glad you weren't trying to be judgemental, so keep up the good work!

But I also feel like if I put on a shirt that says "HOLLISTER" in big letters across the front they should pay me to wear it. Cause all I'm doing is advertising after I pay extra money for a t-shirt I could have bought without the brand name for half the price somewhere else. ._.

morgie7<3 PLATINUM, Tremont, Illinois

~Michael Jordan

I do agree that name brand clothes are donned mostly for the reason of trying to fit in. BUT, sometimes the desire to fit in can be more harmful than you think. Because they have the cool clothes, they're cooler right? Wrong. To make themselves feel better, they put down others who may or may not have their same desire to fit into the 'popular' group. Lots of girls are made fun of for not wearing name brand clothes, it's not a scarce happening, at least in my school. The most insecure girls can be the ones doing the bullying (the term bullying sounds entirely 2nd gradish, but, really, what other word can you use?)

even if those insecure girls are basked in Hollister perfume. As if that can hide their insecurities. Because they think they can climb to the top of the social ladder using clothes, they make fun of others who fail to cover up their failures in that way. They're not necessarily "evil" but can participate in evil acts.

lyndsey cross SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
then again it is high school so it really dosnt matter

905xoxo said...
Apperance is the outward expression of your innerself. The girl with the Pastry Shoes will probally not get along ith the guy in the Led Zepplin shirt. The problem is now girls are falling to comformidy. Everyone want big name clothes, instead of voiceing who they are. It is not that girls who wear big designers are evil, it's just that they have a desire to fit in.

Gee.gee.lania BRONZE, Euclid, Ohio
I agree with this article.

Girls now an days are judged more on their looks and less on their personality and smarts.

I think that everbody should be judged by how they act and whats inside.

Lost-In-Life GOLD, Whitby, Other

It's never to late, if it weren't for the last minute many things would never get done!

I totally agree with this article. Great!

on Nov. 7 2009 at 11:04 am
CaseyLeigh PLATINUM, Moraga, California

My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to.

I definitely appreciate that you're not trying to be judgmental. Thanks for clearing that up! :]

morgie7<3 PLATINUM, Tremont, Illinois

~Michael Jordan

plus those stores can have some cute stuff! :) I'm just saying that when girls aren't excepted by ppl that believe these are the only brands you can wear to be popular, it gets ridiculous, and that if you are made fun of for that, it won't matter later in life what your clothes looked like in the 8th grade. I hope I helped to clear that up and if you have any more questions/comments/debates ;) please feel free to post a comment (: